Sus called......

Gunner46

Seems I didn't complete the job to her satisfaction last time. :confused:

Got another call this afternoon. Wants me to come back to the homeplace again and take care of a couple more!

I think I'm falling in love with that woman!! :p

OH BOO HOO!!!! Tough job ....keeping a married woman satisfied AND free access to private land. You suck!|oo

I headed up to Carls & Sus' place again this morning. Yep... more garden damage.

So anyway, repeat of last trip up there. Check out garden, trails coming in, yadda yadda...put up lock on stand....yadda yadda

Full moon came up before sunset a couple of days ago. Cold front swept in yesterday. No wind today. PERFECT!

So, I'm sitting there in the stand, with orders from 'Sgt Sus' (her exact words) .."Just f%#kin shoot those D*mn deer", all of 'em!

Nothing is going on for a long while and I'm kinda dozin' off.

Out of nowhere a doe pops up about 40 yds out. I'm a little startled and she pegs me right off! Crap. Busts off, with another deer right behind her. Crap again.

Guess I better start paying attention......YA THINK?

Not 10 min's later, doe comes loping along, right back up the same trail (but I'm awake now)

Orders is orders. 7/08 goes pop, doe drops in her tracks.

Then SOB !!!! A buck runs right up behind her! Even after I just popped off a round!!! :eek: Trots right up to the doe and just stands there for a sec.

Long enough.....:D

Deer.jpg

Well then, you only have one tag left.

This is soooooo, soooooo, wrong!! You've spent what? 3-4 hrs actually sitting in a deer stand and have four F**'in' bucks and a doe in the freezer! You're driving to & fro more than you're hunting. It's just not right!

When we go to the camp, you get last draw on the stands!!!!! Some of us still have to put a burger, or two, in the freezer!

And you BETTER bring one of those backstraps with you. YUM!!!:p

Back