Summer Goats

MT_Wyatt

I recently relocated back to MT from Ohio, just finished with the military, and was excited to get out and see some wildlife again. Took a quick trip into the Bridgers to watch goats for a couple hours, and wanted to share some of the pics from the trip since I found some (very common to see in the area I was located). Nice to see lots of goat kids running around.

IMG_3586 (1).jpg
This is a group heading straight up the cliff, the kid was amazing to watch climb.

IMG_3590.jpg
Here's a loner I assumed was a billy, tried to get closer over the top but it was too steep.

20140730_101314.jpg
On the way up found a nice goat track.

20140730_103304.jpg
From the top.

IMG_3600.jpg
Once on top I got over a larger group and snuck down the shale to grab this with my SLR, 300mm lens, my favorite from the trip just because it shows how the terrain can make an approach possible across an open mountain face.

20140730_110703.jpg
This last one is using my phone through some 10x Nikon Monarchs, thus the "amazing" quality. Still neat to get a better closeup, even distorted through the heat waves.

Lesson learned - bring a tripod! Good to get in the steep hills after a summer of hauling salt in Ohio to train, much different.

By the way, I would love to see some pics/adventures from others keeping tabs on the goats this summer, I'm going to try to find some in the Crazies next I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back