Stocky's Sale

Well this was something I didn't need to see. They also have a few in the Bargain Bin, one of which is on the way to my house. Thanks alot ;)

The stock arrived today. The Howa Mini CF one looks great, can’t fit it until @p_ham finishes cutting it down and threading it. It’s substantially lighter than the factory stock.

Got the Tikka CF stock on my 300wsm. Fits perfect, as well as the factory stock. This rifle has Mountain Tactical bottom metal, and the stock is slightly proud of that in the front, but the fit far exceeded my expectations. The forend is too short for me to put the MT Arca plate back on, so I drilled the brand new stock for a Salmon River Arca. Came out great.

Looks like the stock dropped about 8 ounces. With suppressor it weighs 7.8lbs, exactly what my custom 300wsm PPF from @van franke weighs. Really pleased with that result.

Ugh!
It’s tag season, not rifle stock season.
Almost pulled the trigger for my 700 .280.
I really like the blind box so I took a step back and will probably go with a Bell and Carlson so I don’t have to add metal.
Not much weight difference to their Adl mountain Ti style stock…
Almost got me!

Thanks for the heads up!

The stock arrived today. The Howa Mini CF one looks great, can’t fit it until @p_ham finishes cutting it down and threading it. It’s substantially lighter than the factory stock.

Got the Tikka CF stock on my 300wsm. Fits perfect, as well as the factory stock. This rifle has Mountain Tactical bottom metal, and the stock is slightly proud of that in the front, but the fit far exceeded my expectations. The forend is too short for me to put the MT Arca plate back on, so I drilled the brand new stock for a Salmon River Arca. Came out great.

Looks like the stock dropped about 8 ounces. With suppressor it weighs 7.8lbs, exactly what my custom 300wsm PPF from @van franke weighs. Really pleased with that result.
The Mtn. Tactical bottom metals take some fitting on the Stockys stocks. Usually the front of the magwell area is where the contact is. That might be why you're sitting proud a bit.

The Mtn. Tactical bottom metals take some fitting on the Stockys stocks. Usually the front of the magwell area is where the contact is. That might be why you're sitting proud a bit.

Its sitting fine, flush with the bottom of the stock. The front radius is just a little more open, not even enough to really mention. Mags go in and out great, feeds perfect.

Back