Stockys ultra carbon tikka vertical grip

Are you thinking you want more magnification than 15x? Or something else...
I think I’d like more than 15 but truthfully it’s probably not needed. It’s going be a hunting rifle and I don’t have a desire to shoot stuff more than 5-600 yards away. I’d expect shots that far to be extremely rare

If weight and cost were equal (they clearly aren't) I prefer the view of a 7-35 ATACR or 5-27 ZCO to the Maven, but I still generally stop at 15x on any of my rifles for my purposes. Hunting weight rifles I try to be 8-10x, but do creep up to 12x+ if needed to see the reticle clearly.

The bigger scopes are friendlier on 15x vs the Maven, but not enough to make them my choice for hunting.

The NX8 has a higher quality feel in hand (and should at about a 2x mspr price difference). The Maven has a better reticle for me for field use, I can effectively use it including it's wind holds at a lower power which is great. I like the splined turrets on the Maven vs using set screws on the NX8. The Maven has a less picky parallax (though the parallax knob is stupid stiff). I trust the NX8 better by reputation and by a larger volume of personal experience.

Back