Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Steelhead?

Biggest was 17# on the Salmon. I was headed to McNary last fall but it fell through. Hopefully this fall, I will give up a hunting weekend to catch 20# Steelies any day. OOPS!! Shouldn't say that on this forum.

Caught my first last weekend in WA.

IMG_0249.jpg

Fishin the Lake Erie Tribs ain't no fun anymore. Used to be there'd be maybe a dozen guys along my favorite stretches of 18 Mile or the Catt. Now its combat fishing elbow to elbow. And them dam float rodders got no consideration for others. But the worst are the "Orvis snobs" "You use BAIT?" "You kill FISH?" And to top it off you have morons who'll walk right through a run you're fishing to cross the creek.

Same on the Salmon in Idaho. Love it when the guide boats pull right into the hole you're fishing and anchor. We like to just cast over their lines and have a little tug of war. heehee Easily amused, I guess.

Me I throw a lure with multiple trebles into the boat. Morons are of course all catch and release.

Fishin the Lake Erie Tribs ain't no fun anymore. Used to be there'd be maybe a dozen guys along my favorite stretches of 18 Mile or the Catt. Now its combat fishing elbow to elbow. And them dam float rodders got no consideration for others. But the worst are the "Orvis snobs" "You use BAIT?" "You kill FISH?" And to top it off you have morons who'll walk right through a run you're fishing to cross the creek.

People have no consideration for centerpin anglers and typically walk in right below them and stand in their drift. It goes both ways.:confused:

In pa's erie tribs we don't have much trouble. I've never seen a drift boat on the streams we fished but on the salmon river in New york we've exchanged words with quite a few guides. They think they own the river:confused:

Oregon Winter Chrome...

Here are a few from this weekend.

Attachments

• bmack - steelhead.jpg
    bmack - steelhead.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Shoe - steelhead.jpg
    Shoe - steelhead.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 28
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics