Caribou Gear

Steelhead?

Duck-Slayer

so anyone been out this new year? I will start heading up too the salmon come the end of the month....
Matt

a couple from last spring....

DSC_0551.jpg

100_1794.jpg

Hey, is that the Deschutes? Didn't know it was a spring steelhead river.

I keep thinking I'll go this year (I think that every year), but the runs aren't what they were back in the 60's so I don't always get around to it. I fish the Wilson mostly, but the hatchery fish don't go past Mills bridge and are not available to many people except the boaters on the lower river. Its hard to fish all day for one or no bites when you grew up being able to hook fish from one end of the river to the other and go home with a limit and throw a few back. Winter steelheading is a riot if there are fish in the river.

I'll probably be in the canyon somewhere around the first of March. Somewhere between Shoup and Corn Creek. Hope the run is good this year.

The fishing on the snake around lewiston has been hit and miss so far this year. I don't fish a lot but have a few good friends that do. I guess in the last week they have started to hit some big fish on the Clear Water. I haven't caught one since Oct. Once pheasant season ends will have to go out and try some more.

I'm headed over to the Clearwater next weekend. We always fish the B runs in january and february, maybe into the first week of march, and then head to the Salmon for the rest of the spring. I am a complete Steelhead freak! Cant wait to get drifting some eggs.

I agree. Wild fish as well, that's sweet. They are usually a much more intense battle than the hatchery fish. 'Good on ya' as they say way down south.

Well we're not friends anymore..... :D
Have anybody ever seen a steelhead that looks anything like that in the Clearwater??!!
Oregon coast.
I may also be hitting up the Clearwater, I have a DB if you wanna hook up and catch some booter pigs... I've always wanted to do it. -Matt

Above McNary....this is what a Clearwater fish looks like;)

Attachments

• shouldabeenthere 048(sm).jpg
    shouldabeenthere 048(sm).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 259
Biggest I have Seen Come out of the Clearwater was 26lb. 14oz. At the scale about 4 hours after it was boated. Probally 27+ when it came out of the water. 42 1/2 inches long.
Thaught of going out this weekend but the river is Puking big time. LIL

Those are some sweet fish! I'm trying to get some eastern fish again on sunday, I'll post any success I have.

27 lbs on the clearwater wow. Thats a huge fish. My biggest came off the snake 19lbs. My wife caught one on the snake that was 22lbs. I haven't caught a big one yet this year, but have been too busy chasing pheasants, and now finishing up geese until sunday. Maybee after that will hit the steelhead when I can't shoot anything else.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back