Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Stealing Ford SuperDuty's

barefooter19

After 2 attempts to steal my F350 Powerstroke this year from NM I am looking for a tried and true anti truck theft system or suggestions about how to prevent the low life's from just taking my truck. The factory alarm scared them off once and some guy saw them the second time. Looking for some way to prevent them from driving off with it.

Maybe something as simple as a battery disconnect switch like on a boat, hidden someplace on the truck

I thought about a batt.disconnect switch also a fuel shut off hidden up under the bed might help. I also saw a anti theft called Ravelco...they wirer it into your electrical system then mount it to the dash . It has 16 pins and you plug into it with the other half of the system that you can take with you before it can be started...... No plug in no start. Sounds good just don't know if it is as good as advertised .

When I was in school in downtown Detroit, I had my car stolen which I later found up on cinder blocks. The cop told me that The Club works surprisingly well. I bought one and never had a problem after that and multiple classmates who also had The Club didn't have theft issues either. For fifty bucks, it was well worth it.

I have a 1-ton SuperDuty that I would love for someone to come steal, so I could turn it into the insurance company.

That thing spends more time in the shop or with the hood up than any vehicle I have ever owned. It is decked out in leather, lots of options, and I can't even get my employees to drive the damn thing. We have all spent too much time waiting to tow it to a shop.

I thought about a batt.disconnect switch also a fuel shut off hidden up under the bed might help. I also saw a anti theft called Ravelco...they wirer it into your electrical system then mount it to the dash . It has 16 pins and you plug into it with the other half of the system that you can take with you before it can be started...... No plug in no start. Sounds good just don't know if it is as good as advertised .

Ravelco is a good unit, it's been around for awhile too, worth the $$ if you are having these problems. Friends that live in the border states tell me they target the diesels down that way for running their drug operations in MX. They pull engine and ditch the chassis.

Separate battery for alarm, get the tilt sensor added if stealing wheels is an issue there, welded plates behind key holes, and if your hood latch is accessible through the front grill block it off with a welded plate.

My uncle's F250 was stolen from the parking lot at his work. They never found it. He bought a Dodge and nobody has tried to steal it. Problem solved!

These Mexicans in Albuquerque all carry screw drivers and they don't care what brand truck it is ! If it's a diesel 4x4 they want it ! I read on average they steal 20 trucks/vehicles per week.

Build a wall

Ain't that the truth. Down here in AZ, it was the same way. Mexican drug runners stealing 4X4 diesels to run drugs across the desert. Run the crap out of 'em and just leave them where they died. Sheriff Joe started patrolling the big parking areas and running decoy sting operations. They must have moved to NM. Still a problem here, but not as bad as it once was.

Huh, I just read a while back that Ford Super Duty trucks are one of the most-stolen vehicles in Colorado now too...

My dad had a battery disconnect switch on his work truck, kept the thieves from stealing it at least once that we know of...

I know the aftermarket chip-programers have several tune modes you can set them to. Is one of the modes, anti theft programing? That would be the quick solution chip it with an adjustable chip and set the chip to anti theft when worried. Now not sure that exists but would be easy to do with the chips.

oz

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back