State of Idaho Neglecting Kids for the Benefit of Cows

I'm not answering your dumb ass questions which have no purpose other than to stir up crap. You answer your own questions, or at least state the answer you want to hear, in virtually every question you list. Kind of reminds me of surveys designed to collect information to support a biased viewpoint where the report is written before the survey results are analyzed. I'll respond to what appear to be legitimate questions; that's it. If you bother to read my post and digest what is there rather than attempt to analyze it for what isn't there you will be left with no questions to ask.

One more point. Call it a personal pet peeve if you wish; but I'd really appreciate it if you would stop accusing me things of which I am not guilty. It grows tiresome and you are about to piss me off. If that is your goal consider it achieved and knock it off.

So you still aren't sure what "unethical" acts you are charging Marvel with? Just making wild accusations????

And you don't even know why YOU would oppose Marvel? Those seem like simple, and legitimate questions, but that is just to my simple Idaho mind. I am sure if I had all that fancy skoolin' that you have, I would be able to understand. Maybe I will go look up my 4th grade teacher, and see if I too have 3000 wpm reading and 9% comprehension.

paws, I'm kinda curious about Marvel's unethical behavior too, and I was hoping you'd educate us about it. I hope you noticed I've been treating you with a lot more respect since I found out you're a genius. What's Marvel been doin' that's unethical?
:confused:

Paws,

In all sincerity, and I think we have been down this road before, why is it that you take offense when somebody questions your comments or asks you a follow up question?

Yesterday you informed us all that you list your degrees/experience, etc.. so that we all have reference as to your likely thought process and experience base. On the issue of Public Land Grazing, I can find nothing in your Biographical data that would lend me a clue as to your position. And so I ask, a simple question. Why do YOU oppose Marvel?

Is that question out of line, to ask your reasoning?

I take offense at my comments being questioned as to validity, fact, truthfulness, accuracy, or intent to inform, not for purposes of understanding or misunderstanding. Your comments regarding my comments invariable take, in my opinion the form of calling me a liar.
Follow-upuestions likewise don't bother me pal; just the bull shit I have been seeing from you andsome others which, in my opinion, is designed to harrass, belittle, demean, and to otherwise make fun of my comments. I really don't know what your problem is. I do my level best to participate here and to learn from what is being said. Your crap just gets in the way of that. I try to contribute with what limited knowledge I do have to share only to be ridiculed by you and some others. I keep hearing how pompous, aarogant, pretensious, etc; I am and all I have done is provided fact. You know if you bastards are intimidated by my education or intelligence that is your problem not mine. If you think that having an education or the ability to think for ones self is a disability then Itruly feel for you. If you think that is manly or adult to "poke fun" at another human being who is attempting to fit in the group; then maybe I really don't want to be a part of this group after all. You ass holes, especially you EG, let me know your druthers. I'll act as you decide. Want me to leave; say so and I'm out of here. Fair warning though, give me cause and I will hang your ass out to dry!

P.S. I don'toppose Marvel; don't know a thing about him other than what I read in the thread. Why do you keep asking why I oppose him; to stir up more shit, right??

Paws,

You live "thousands" of miles away from the Epicenter of many of the Public Lands debates and the even more contentious Grazing on Public Lands. And yet you have an opinion/interest on the subject, which is interesting in light of the fact that probably 99.9% of Americans don't even know that cows graze on public lands for a $1.43.

To me, someone who knows many of the parties on BOTH sides of the issue, and lives in the middle of the issue, someone who vacations with the principals of the issue, it is intersting how this would "play in Peoria"...

As for my "druthers", I would prefer you stay and provide either insight or entertainment. But that is just my opinion. I think if you look at all the names I get called, you can see that I don't worry too much about "fitting in" or getting respect, as I think they are both overrated.

Peace.

Well ElkGunner maybe that's where I differ from the majority of people. I don't appreciate being called names or any of the other nasty activities that you claim don't bother you. I demand respect because my parents taught me to call my elders Mr; to say sir and maam, to say please and thank you. I learned that rewards are earned and that when earned are worthy of respect. Yeah maybe that's one of the reasons I am proud of my sheep skins. Maybe I thought you folk would consider those a respectable achievement. If you boys and girls can't live up to that reasonable expectation; then maybe I should move on. I'm certainly not going to hang around and be your entertainment. And Yes Washington Hunter; maybe ElkGunner should retain a competent attorney. Maybe you should also. Screw you guys; I'm out of here!

Paws,
Since you are out of here I don't know if you will get this.

I don't appreciate being called names or any of the other nasty activities that you claim don't bother you. I demand respect because my parents taught me to call my elders Mr; to say sir and maam, to say please and thank you. I learned that rewards are earned and that when earned are worthy of respect. Yeah maybe that's one of the reasons I am proud of my sheep skins
I don't have a problem with your education, opinion or position. You should be proud of your accomplishments. My parents taught me the same kind of manners. In addition they taught me that if you have to remind people how important and intelligent you are that would be considered shallow. You don't intimidated me at all. You live in Ohio and I live in Montana how can I be physically, mentally or socially intimidated by you?

Show me where you were called vile names, being called Pompous isn't the same as calling people Assholes.

The debate over grazing rights is something that has been going on for years. I disagree with Mr. Marvel and Mr. Elkgunner regarding the total end of public land grazing.
Having said that I have never considered the bidding on grazing leases by non grazing entities an ethics issue. There must be change in the way public lands are grazed because the public is demanding it. No more overgrazing, end riparian area and wetlands destruction from cattle, those type of things. The debate is necessary to arrive at a solution.

Respectfully Yours

Nemont
B.S. Ed., CIC, ChC, CPCU, Former Sgt. U.S. Army, B. Co 16th Engineer Bn (awarded presidential unit citation for valor on the battlefield), Veteran First Gulf War, Father, Husband, Son. Official Score Keeper Sunnyside Country Club Thursday Night Men's league, Former President Glagow Kiwanis Club, Treasurer: DU Milk River Chapter.

[ 05-26-2004, 11:24: Message edited by: Nemont ]

You live "thousands" of miles away from the Epicenter of many of the Public Lands debates and the even more contentious Grazing on Public Lands. And yet you have an opinion/interest on the subject, which is interesting in light of the fact that probably 99.9% of Americans don't even know that cows graze on public lands for a $1.43.

To me, someone who knows many of the parties on BOTH sides of the issue, and lives in the middle of the issue, someone who vacations with the principals of the issue, it is intersting how this would "play in Peoria"...

As for my "druthers", I would prefer you stay and provide either insight or entertainment. But that is just my opinion. I think if you look at all the names I get called, you can see that I don't worry too much about "fitting in" or getting respect, as I think they are both overrated.

Peace.

And just how far are you from Washington D.C. there good buddy??

The debate over grazing rights is something that has been going on for years. I disagree with Mr. Marvel and Mr. Elkgunner regarding the total end of public land grazing.
Having said that I have never considered the bidding on grazing leases by non grazing entities an ethics issue. There must be change in the way public lands are grazed because the public is demanding it. No more overgrazing, end riparian area and wetlands destruction from cattle, those type of things. The debate is necessary to arrive at a solution.

Respectfully Yours

Nemont
B.S. Ed., CIC, ChC, CPCU, Former Sgt. U.S. Army, B. Co 16th Engineer Bn (awarded presidential unit citation for valor on the battlefield), Veteran First Gulf War, Father, Husband, Son. Official Score Keeper Sunnyside Country Club Thursday Night Men's league, Former President Glagow Kiwanis Club, Treasurer: DU Milk River Chapter.

Nemont there should be little or no need for grazing whatever. Ask the Iowa corn and bean farmers. My interest is soley that of the use of "public land" for any non-public purpose. Here in Athens the university is steadily buying up private land, depleting the tax base, and being exempted from any share of tax reimbursement. I was attempting to learn something about the grazing issues in the West because it just happens to interest me. That's all; I have no interest in Joe what's his name or how he does business. I just wanted to hear the issues. I supplose rather than try to learn wht folk affected directly by a problem think, feelm, and believe, I could just go watch the talking heads or cut and paste something lik others might do. Anyway I appreciate your comments.

USAF Commendation Medal
US Presidential Unit Citation w/6 OLC
USAF Outstanding Unit Award w /"V" device for valor
USAF Outstanding Unit Award w/8 OLC
Philippine Presidential Unit Citation
Republic of VietNam Cross of Galantry w/palm
Vietnam Campaign Service Medal
National Defense Service Medal
USAF Good Conduct Medal w/2 OLC
USAF Longevity ervice Award w/3 knots
USAF Marksmanship Award
Ohio National Guard Faithful Service Award
USAF Master Trainer's Badge

Paws,
Welcome back. If you really want to learn about issues regarding public lands grazing the first thing to know is that like any issue there are two sides to it.

There are the extremist ranchers who really believe that if a blade of grass or gallon of clean water is left upon their grazing allotment then that is an unjustified waste. Then there are people who believe that ranchers with grazing allotments the same as welfare moms only more highly paid.

I buy into neither position and believe that if a rancher is following the law, as passed by congress, and their allotment is in good condition then even if the pay $1.43 an AUM they should be left alone. Those are the people I defend.

Many times ranchers are their own worst enemies when it comes to the public perception of grazing allotments. They have allowed Jon Marvel and the anti grazing movement to frame the debate and hold the intiative. That needs to end. There are many good ranchers out there that do a good job with their own lands as well as the publics.

Nemont

Paws,

If you are just learning, can you explain these two quotes of yours?

It would seem that the approach needed to handle Mr. Marvel would be a class action suit of the losing bidders naming Mr. Marvel and the land owner as well.
I'm not an interested bidder EG. Others apparently are and my perception is they are being frustrated by what appear to be less than ethical practices on Mr. Marvels part.
I still don't understand why you would suggest that Mavel needs to be sued or why you suggest that Marvel has "less than ethical practices"?

Don't those two statments appear to make it seem like you have a position on the debate, and are not merely learning?

Yes I can; however I wont and yep I guess Sterling is fairly close after all isn't it. Say Hi. To Darryl for me; will ya? :D

Nemont; experience tells me that there are generally a minimum of four sides to every issue. Two are generally hidden agendas or "hip pocket" surprises. You can bet your bippy though that when something is this pervasive and long running that the root of the issue is dollars. It is usually one ofthose sides that goes unmentioned. :(

Back