Spring Bear Permits

Mike_Schmuck

Here in Washington we have a few select units (NE and SE) open for spring bear permit holders. I put in for GMU 101 but with only one point I didn't have good odds. The results are out and no tag for me this year. I will just have more time for spring turkey and deer scouting.

I wonder if anyone on here is a lucky permit holder for 2017.

-Mike

I picked one up for the Kapowsin unit in Western Wa. Have to buy an access pass for the private timber company but it's a short 15 minute drive from the house. Otherwise I'd have to drive 5 1/2 hours to Idaho to hunt spring bear.

Lefty315, I forgot about the western WA tags. Back when I lived on the west side we could run around all that Weyerhauser and Plum Creek property without a permit. Good luck on your hunt!

Mike, pretty much every timber company now charges for access over here. They used to let you walk, mountain bike or horse back in without a permit but that has stopped, at least around where I live. I get it that it's their land and they can lock it up and charge admission but I also wonder what kind of tax breaks the State is giving them. It's getting tougher and tougher to hunt the west side.

Back