PEAX Equipment

Spot Hogg Wise Guy Cameron Haynes edition Or Wise guy Black BOA Strap Strap?

Roughwater

Hi,
I'm interested in buying the Spot Hogg Wise guy release with the BOA strap but I see it can also be bought in the Cameron Hanes edition. Only difference I can see between the two is the patch on the strap that says "Keep Hammering" on the Hanes edition. Is there any other difference between the two?
I don't think I particularly need the patch if that's the only difference.

This is a dangerous post. It could end in ridicule and various forms of shaming or the offer of a special edition book from one of the Montana brethren. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

In answer to your question, I have a wise guy release and think its great and it appears its just a marketing ploy on the KH edition.

I’m sure RJ will be along soon enough to tell you that you absolutely NEED, dare I say required to have, the cammy-cam-juice edition.

But you don’t.
🤦‍♂️You're wild... Still don't know or like the guy...

I expected Freak to be here for sure, but I can't say I expected this one!

But I do appreciate that I'm living rent free in your head ;)

If you buy the hammering version - and post it with a successful harvest (applicable hashtags of course) - you will be hunt talk famous and have a following - much larger than @rjthehunter has even by disassociation from the broroid hamering culture.

That. Is. For. Sure.

I say #keephammering! Bahahhahaa

Buddy of mine has the regular version. I personally hate the hair trigger on it but some people love it. I wish he had the hammering version just so I could make fun of it

I have a cam signature spothog sight. It was on sale $100 less than the original version.
Other than people talking about it a lot and talking pictures with it I haven't noticed a difference. I guess I did catch my wife looking at it to long one time but when she realized how short it was she lost interest.
I would guess it has killed more public land elk than cam has in the last few years.

Get a Carter Like Mike II Index Finger Release. The amount you can adjust the tension is awesome. It was the fix for my target panic, and is so well made. You can also be sure you will never ask about Cam again and a release. Just a thought.

Get a Carter Like Mike II Index Finger Release. The amount you can adjust the tension is awesome. It was the fix for my target panic, and is so well made. You can also be sure you will never ask about Cam again and a release. Just a thought.
I was under the impression that the tension could be adjusted with the wise guy too, but I don't know how much? I am not totally determined to get the wise guy though. I am pretty determined to get a release with a strap. I am almost 74 and feel it best to have something that stays on my hand but this spot hogg can be flipped out the the way without removing it so that's a great selling point for me. I mention my age cause I get more absent minded the older I get and would probably loose a hand held release my first hunt. Also I feel like with a wrist strap I can pull with my arm instead of just my fingers so I fell like I can pull a few more ounces if not lbs and I need all the help I can get as I can only pull in the lower 60 lb range.

The patch will increase your reps in the gym. You can run a marathon a day (in jeans). You’ll kill massive bulls (on private). You’ll get front row seats at every UFC event
Might be worth the $40 IMO #KeepHammering
I admire the UFC fighters but not for 40 dollars, maybe 15? LOL. I had to put one LOL in there for my generations sake.

I was under the impression that the tension could be adjusted with the wise guy too, but I don't know how much? I am not totally determined to get the wise guy though. I am pretty determined to get a release with a strap. I am almost 74 and feel it best to have something that stays on my hand but this spot hogg can be flipped out the the way without removing it so that's a great selling point for me. I mention my age cause I get more absent minded the older I get and would probably loose a hand held release my first hunt. Also I feel like with a wrist strap I can pull with my arm instead of just my fingers so I fell like I can pull a few more ounces if not lbs and I need all the help I can get as I can only pull in the lower 60 lb range.
You are on the right path for sure. I am a fan of a release with a strap for many of the same reasons, and I really like having it right there when I need it, regardless of if I am glassing, ranging, etc.

Yep, every release can be adjusted, but on the Carter release, the tension range goes from approximately 10 oz. to approximately 3.5 pounds, which is to my knowledge, one of the higher tension adjustable releases on the market.
I have mine pretty high, and it breaks really clean and crisp. No hair-trigger nonsense where if you look at it wrong it goes off. I may be in the minority having it near the upper end of the tension range, but being able to wrap my index finger in to the second knuckle and pull hard through the shot has been very helpful in maintaining consistency throughout the sequence. Hope that helps!

The patch will increase your reps in the gym. You can run a marathon a day (in jeans). You’ll kill massive bulls (on private). You’ll get front row seats at every UFC event.

Might be worth the $40 IMO #KeepHammering
The marathon a day thing sounds great but but being 75 I'm afraid it might interfere with my all night bedtime escapades with the wife.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back