Caribou Gear

"Sportsmen" Supporting I-177

I don't trap, but for the life of me I can't figure why any sportsman would support a bill that eliminates one of the most effective ways to manage wolf numbers that is currently legal. Talk about short-sighted. Will definitely be voting no on this one.

If 177 passes, Hillary will be elected also.....BTW, interesting little segment on t.v. this a.m., former FBI agent substantiated what an Air Force fighter pilot told me about Hillary... the Senior Secret Service agents hated working for her, in fact they deferred to junior agents, as she would respond to their "good morning's" with a hearty "F" You! Would put Agents, press, ect. in dangerous situations just for photo ops for "her campaign"...sickening. Anyone stupid enough to vote for this vile individual deserves what they get.

NO to I-177 ... NO vote for Hillary ... NO vote for Trump. There, now my conscience is clear.

Anyone stupid enough to vote for this vile individual deserves what they get.
You hear that every election. What does that even mean?

Yes, if you vote for I-177 Hillary will return salutes with a middle finger. Fact.

Paul,

What have you done to defeat I-177? Do you think the initiative will pass or fail? Where's my case of coors?

Best I can do to defeat I-177 is to vote and convince my wife not to listen to the anti-trapping dorks at RML. Maybe also by shaming folks like Rob and other like minds on this site into voting no as well.

I think the initiative will likely pass. All the media taken out is on right wing radio stations that are preaching to the choir. I heard Toby on Voices of Montana last week, again preaching to the choir.

Coors?

Last edited:
Well then he can pound carpet. ;) Reminds me of BigRack demanding me to answer questions.

BigHornRam, I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries. Take that as your answer.

I'll take that as a yes from you on I-177, Rob.

So the Jeff Darrah radio ad talks about how I-177 is bad for the forestry, ranching, and agriculture industries in Montana. All traditional use industries like trapping. Helena Hunters and Anglers bad mouth all of these traditional use industries. Why would anyone think they would support trapping?

Also they are big proponents of public lands, but then want to restrict every activity on those same public lands down to their very narrow point of view.

Ban trapping now on public land. Bear and cougar hunting will be next. Count on it.

Best I can do to defeat I-177 is to vote and convince my wife not to listen to the anti-trapping dorks at RML. Maybe also by shaming folks like Rob and other like minds on this site into voting no as well.

I think the initiative will likely pass. All the media taken out is on right wing radio stations that are preaching to the choir. I heard Toby on Voices of Montana last week, again preaching to the choir.

Coors?

That's your best?

You could write a check to Montanan's for Wildlife & Public Land Access.

That's your best?

You could write a check to Montanan's for Wildlife & Public Land Access.

I wrote a check to the Teller Outdoor Youth Expo, Tony. Money was better spent. Teaching youth about trapping and other outdoor activities at summer camps. We need start back at ground zero if you want to change minds. Buying ads on right wing radio is just flushing your money down the toilet.

I wrote a check to the Teller Outdoor Youth Expo, Tony. Money was better spent. Teaching youth about trapping and other outdoor activities at summer camps. We need start back at ground zero if you want to change minds. Buying ads on right wing radio is just flushing your money down the toilet.

Have you shared your thoughts with the guys doing the heavy lifting on this?

Teaching kids about trapping won't do much good if there is no trapping.

Last edited:
So the Jeff Darrah radio ad talks about how I-177 is bad for the forestry, ranching, and agriculture industries in Montana. All traditional use industries like trapping. Helena Hunters and Anglers bad mouth all of these traditional use industries. Why would anyone think they would support trapping?

Also they are big proponents of public lands, but then want to restrict every activity on those same public lands down to their very narrow point of view.

Ban trapping now on public land. Bear and cougar hunting will be next. Count on it.

That's not true. HHAA has issues with how the Helena NF manages for elk security habitat and while they tend to be more liberal than a lot of traditional rod & gun clubs, the opportunity you enjoy is directly related to the advocacy of many of their members. To say that they oppose ranching, farming, logging, etc is false.

The organization did not take a position on the initiative, Stan Frasier as a citizen did, as I understand it.

Have you shared your thoughts with the guys doing the heavy lifting on this?

Teaching kids about trapping won't do much good it there is no trapping.

If passed, there would still be trapping on approximately 70% of MT's land mass.

Last edited:
That's not true. HHAA has issues with how the Helena NF manages for elk security habitat and while they tend to be more liberal than a lot of traditional rod & gun clubs, the opportunity you enjoy is directly related to the advocacy of many of their members. To say that they oppose ranching, farming, logging, etc is false.

The organization did not take a position on the initiative, Stan Frasier as a citizen did, as I understand it.

Spin them however you want, Ben. HHAA is a partisan group that has slide off the rails to the left. Stan is the President of their group. I would quit that group if I was a member. His position speaks for everyone that stay's on as a member.

Spin them however you want, Ben. HHAA is a partisan group that has slide off the rails to the left. Stan is the President of their group. I would quit that group if I was a member. His position speaks for everyone that stay's on as a member.

To think that they have slid left shows you don't really know the group. They've always been pretty progressive in how they view land and wildlife management. It's Jim Posewitz and Gayle Joslin's brain-child. Did you expect SFW?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back