Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

"Sportsmen" Supporting I-177

Here's part of the text:
I-177 allows the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks to use certain traps on public land when necessary if nonlethal methods have been tried and found ineffective.

I had a conversation with Arnie Dood (former endangered species guy for MFWP). He said they used traps a lot to catch animals for research, etc. When properly done the animal isn't injured and can be released.

I would think the answer would be obvious based on my post. Why would you phrase the question so it suggests I do?

Because its raining in the Root today. He is stuck inside.

If you are known by the company you keep I cannot understand why any hunter would support I-177 given that a group like the Center for Biological Diversity support it. Also I am fairly certain there are hunting bans in California, for example. Talk about a camel nose under the tent.

Nemont

What do you think of the Helena Hunter's and Anglers group, Nemont? The president of this group supports I-177. Does this make sense to you, Tony? Do you support them?

I know nothing about Helena Hunters and Anglers and what their prez supports.

Do I support who?

I can say I support the effort to defeat I177 and am part of a group that donated a large chunk of money to the cause, how about you Paul?

Last edited:
I know nothing about Helena Hunters and Anglers and what their prez supports.

Do I support who?

I can say I support the effort to defeat I177 and am part of a group that donated a large chunk of money to the cause, how about you Paul?

You might want to look into the HH&AA, Tony. You're large chunk of money will likely be wasted. My 1 vote will be no on I-177. Hope it counts.

You might want to look into the HH&AA, Tony. You're large chunk of money will likely be wasted. My 1 vote will be no on I-177. Hope it counts.

I don't think any money or effort to defeat I177 is wasted, but then I am one not to just roll over.

Because its raining in the Root today. He is stuck inside.
Well then he can pound carpet. ;) Reminds me of BigRack demanding me to answer questions.

BigHornRam, I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries. Take that as your answer.

Very disappointing that Helena Hunters and Anglers would not take a position on I-177 as a group, and that their president supports the initiative. They may as well kiss their credibility in L & C County goodbye.

Helena Hunters & Anglers Association was started by Jim Posewitz and Gayle Joslin. It has Helenans who both support and oppose trapping. Most groups like this, when they can't find consensus, do not take a position on an issue. Some fantastic hunters are a part of this outfit, and while Stan is a friend, I don't agree with his position.

Although the article lists Frasier as the president of Helena Hunters and Anglers, it takes a leap of journalistic assumption in implying that the Helena group supports I-177 as an organization. I'll bet Frasier got spoken to rather harshly by some of the group's members.

Last edited:
I will be voting 'No' on this initiative - and I've had several meaningful discussions with folks in favor of it. I don't think I've changed any minds - but I have tried.

Back