Sportsman Channel Shows

smarandr

So, we got sick of our old tv provider and switched over to DirecTV, which so far I'm pleased with--especially because I get to watch Fresh Tracks now. Are there any other worthwhile programs out there I should be watching besides Randy's? Seems like I recall seeing references to Meat Eater and Pigman on the forum, but I can't remember if they were positive or not.

Meat Eater is good, also like Pigman. The Western Hunter, Major League Bowhunter, and Winchester World of Whitetail are three I like also. Territories wild with Tom Mirranda isn't bad but most/all of his hunts are with some pretty pricey outfitters. North American Whitetail isn't to bad either.

Unfortunately, most of the shows are pretty insulting, unethical (and illegal in some states, like Oregon), and stupid, so you gotta be willing to shut the TV off and go for a winter hike in the woods or something else worthwhile most of the time.

Meat Eater and Western Hunter and Pure Hunting are other shows that I enjoy. I also like some of the Into High Country episodes.

Pigman is great if you are in desperate need of shaving 30 points off your IQ in just 30 minutes.

Western Hunter and Meat eater fall in with FT as being Top Quality Hunting Motivation for me.

Use the DVR whenever you can.

Unfortunately, most of the shows are pretty insulting, unethical (and illegal in some states, like Oregon), and stupid, so you gotta be willing to shut the TV off and go for a winter hike in the woods or something else worthwhile most of the time.

Agree with most of what you said but I didn't get the bold part. What are you talking about?

Agree with most of what you said but I didn't get the bold part. What are you talking about?

Believe he was referring to some shows using equipment or practices that are illegal in some western states. IE; lighted nocks, mechanical broadheads, etc.

I just switched to DirecTv a few months ago and they also have a HD Sportsman Channel on demand which is nice. I didn't have that on Time Warner even though I had the Sportsman Channel. As others have said the MeatEater, Western Hunter, and Fresh Tracks are the best in my opinion. Solo Hunters is good also but that is on the Outdoor Channel.

anything with J. Burnworth!! :p

Talk about a sizzle reel!!

In all serious, Meat Eater. I'm starting to watch some of the more DIY related shows, especially bow hunting shows.

Meat Eater, Western Hunter, Solo Hunters, You can also check out Outback Outdoors, and just take a look on the sportsman's channel and read the reviews or check out previews.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back