Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Soup/Chili companions

When eating chili and soups what is you're preferred side bread companion?

• Grilled cheese sandwich

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Peanut butter sandwich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corn bread

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Biscuit

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Plain bread slice

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Depends on the main dish

Votes: 19 29.2%

• Total voters

BenP

Okay so was having a debate with some cousins about side companions with soups and chili and I always grew up with a grilled cheese with that main dish. They apparently grew up with peanut butter sandwiches. I've never heard of peanut butter with soups and they said they never heard of grilled cheese with soups. Some friends that were there thought we were both crazy and prefer biscuits or cornbread.

So to get a better understanding I want to see what the masses think, what is the best bread side companion with soups and chili?

For either chili or chile, corn chips or flour tortilla. Pintos or black-eyed peas, cornbread. Ate a lot of grilled cheese with tomato soup as a kid, though.

Surprised that biscuit has no votes. I prefer cornbread but a good biscuit goes with anything.

I really want to try this chili and cinnamon roll thing. I can see how it would work. We are close to Cincinnati and have had a lot of Skyline over the years. Their chili has cinnamon, clove, and allspice in it and is good.

What kind of sick son of a bitch would pick peanut butter sandwich?
The school system I grew up in from K-12 served peanut butter and wonder bread sandwiches with chili.

Of course our chili was thin and had leftover spaghetti noodles in it. Spaghetti always proceeded chili by a day on the bi-weekly menu.

We called those PB and white bread sandwiches “Choke Sandwiches” because they were hard to swallow.

The school system I grew up in from K-12 served peanut butter and wonder bread sandwiches with chili.

Of course our chili was thin and had leftover spaghetti noodles in it. Spaghetti always proceeded chili by a day on the bi-weekly menu.

We called those PB and white bread sandwiches “Choke Sandwiches” because they were hard to swallow.
Someone should of been fired

Surprised that biscuit has no votes. I prefer cornbread but a good biscuit goes with anything.

I really want to try this chili and cinnamon roll thing. I can see how it would work. We are close to Cincinnati and have had a lot of Skyline over the years. Their chili has cinnamon, clove, and allspice in it and is good.
See the thing is, nobody knows skyline until they’ve had it. We just can’t do it justice explaining to the uninitiated how spaghetti, chili with beans and X-mas spices, raw onions, shredded cheese all come together so well.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back