Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Son, Nephew, Hunting Pard, and me headed to Wyoming!

efw

My son has worked hard for several years and through a series of unfortunate events has yet to kill any big game. He turned 15 last month and is now very heavily involved in marching & jazz bands, does extraordinarily well grade-wise, and is a lot busier socially than I was at his age. He scored a type 1 area 9 tag this fall and it’ll likely be outlast Western hunting trip until he is out of school. Bittersweet.

My nephew and I have a special relationship having shared many of his outdoor firsts like camping, backpacking, and fishing. He has been around hunting a bit but really wanted to see what it was like out West so we put in for doe tags but sadly we didn’t score. Even so, he’ll be coming along to support his cousin & if time permits shoot rabbits & grouse... perhaps even see Mt Rushmore? He is a great kid and I have high hopes for a new hunting partner... if that doesn’t happen that’s ok it’ll be a wonderful time outside with a dear friend!

My hunting partner Andy & I used to work for the same bank. We tent camped on BLM in 2015 with a pair of doe tags each and got ‘er done under $300/ea tags included! We also had the good fortune of meeting a new friend who is allowing us to sleep in a steel shipping container on his property.

18 hour trip; please keep us in your prayers,

Efw

Good luck and safe travels!! Hope your son can knock down a great buck! I know you will be taking lots of pictures so please post them!

Safe travels and hope you brought some warm clothes. More weather on the way for early next week.
Winds at end of this week will help the roads.

Thank you all very much; we arrived home this morning at 10. Samuel shot a most excellent buck right after we arrived; it was the first we spotted after unpacking. He finally bloodied the custom .257 Rob I had built for him with an excellent shot at 127 yds:

pm3X7AFBj

pnYgtmpRj

pmzSbsumj

To commemorate the occasion I’d brought a special gift, a shirt with which he was pleased:

poCMHsc5j

pnxdOBs5j

My hunting partner Andy went out with our host and good friend Sheldon and put another notch in the stock of his 7-08 while Samuel and I butchered his buck:

pmGIkbakj

Nephew learned the joys of suppressed AR shooting

pnLVLM0gj

And our “luxury suite” was cozy, providing everything we needed

poiYwIiAj

pmvyNmaqj

And in the morning as we made mountain house breakfasts we gathered more meat, my nephew’s first game

pmcBEQEBj

pnsqub4Cj

And the three of us had much fun & success chasing bunnies the rest of the day

poTS71XJj

pmZbGpdjj

pm2QfksYj

poWdzgMyj

pmIBCheej

Last edited:
Thanks all here are some more pics.

Can’t begin to describe how awesome this trip was, even if far too short.

The public lands we have our West are truly priceless.

pmRlXGW2j

pocF055bj

pnLqrk10j

pmDKUmMRj

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back