Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

someone stop me - planning an antelope hunt

I know - and gas

that's why I am starting to walk out there starting 1 June
and while walking I will pick up the best "throwing rocks" I can find
then I'll lay in ambush at a water hole or other place - and try to knock one in the head

should work🤔
Look for a steep drop-off and get with some buddies to hide behind several piles of rocks at the top of the drop-off and be sure to wear coyote skins. No throwing rocks needed. Bonus, meat tenderizing begins as the pronghorn has sudden deceleration at bottom of the drop. Yes, I am a problem-solver.

Look for a steep drop-off and get with some buddies to hide behind several piles of rocks at the top of the drop-off and be sure to wear coyote skins. No throwing rocks needed. Bonus, meat tenderizing begins as the pronghorn has sudden deceleration at bottom of the drop. Yes, I am a problem-solver.

sounds like a great cost saving neanderthal plan,,, except for this part

get with some buddies

ain't got no buddies that will do boondoggles,,, I'm a loner in that aspect

Back in 2013 we didn't draw elk in WY, so we put our points we had saved since 2007 towards deer and antelope. I drew a LE deer unit and my Dad and uncle drew Region tags. We all drew Special antelope tags.

I started hunting deer archery on Sept 23, and an early snow storm pushed me off the mountain on the third day. I lost 2 days to weather before we managed to get out to hunt antelope on the desert 80 miles away from my deer unit. I killed that evening and my father and uncle killed the next day.

We moved camp (for the 3rd time) to a house about 40 minutes from my unit. Killed my buck on the Second day of the rifle season. My dad and uncle never did get a real chance to fill their region deer tags. I think I was gone from home a total of 14 days and actually hunted effectively 3 or 4 days. Travelling to WY, moving camp and weather are time sucks....

got other states built up as well - and I finally realized at my age (not ancient, but I break the 60 mark in a few weeks) I need to HUNT and not just PLAN
Wood moose I am in a similar situation. Just turning 60, freshly retired and over 600 PP/bonus points. I won’t go into my lack of luck this year but I do have Colo and Wy pronghorn tags and hoping for a SD deer tag. I hope I can live long enough and be able to walk strong enough to use these points. Good luck to you.

Wood moose I am in a similar situation. Just turning 60, freshly retired and over 600 PP/bonus points. I won’t go into my lack of luck this year but I do have Colo and Wy pronghorn tags and hoping for a SD deer tag. I hope I can live long enough and be able to walk strong enough to use these points. Good luck to you.

And good luck to you as well

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back