Baby Mountain Goat:
Mtn_Goats_near_Mount_Rushmore_5.sized.jpg

Crazy Horse Mountain:
Crazy_Horse_Mountain_1.sized.jpg

Banded sharptail grouse:
Banded_sharptail.sized.jpg

View of the 'hilly area' we hunted on Pierre National Grasslands:
Mark_looking_for_prairie_chickens.sized.jpg

Nice pics Tyler. Did you ever find out anything about the banded bird?

I hear you are trying to get to Alaska twince next year. You must be living high on the hog you over paid gov't worker. ;)

The banded sharptail was a male and was banded earlier this spring. The banded prairie chicken was banded in 2003 and was trapped while they were banding and collaring females. The biologist said they have banded very few male chickens and that this one would be considered pretty old as chickens go because it was an adult when banded.

You heard correctly! Now if I can just figure out if the 'secondary' trip will fit into the time I have allotted, as time is in relatively short supply. I'm not over paid as I don't make much money, but my wife is!!! :D

Damn have they still not finished that indian? :D

Fun pics pointer.

Great pic's! Those banded birds are cool as hell. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone killing a banded upland bird before. Is that common practice? My cousin killed a banded goose a couple years ago that was adged at 12 years... It was banded less than 10 miles away.

Bambistew -The biologist said they mostly radio/GPS collar females and that the two males was pretty rare. I think they band every year around Pierre. Also, check you pm's! :D

Cool looking goats. Some people call a "baby mountain goat" a kid. Kind of like a baby elk is a calf, or a baby deer is a fawn......just giving you a hard time!

Spill the beans on the Alaska trip!

My application is in for Alaska moose. Hopefully I'll be there in 10 short months.

T Bone- Now you did it, teasing me! I was gonna invite you on the snowcock hunt next year! :p Okay it's a kid, but I get myself in trouble saying that in my house...it gives my wife ideas!

I might try to swing a trip through POW for bears in May, but I don't quite think it's gonna work. We were wanting to drive and only have 9 maybe 10 for the trip. I didn't realize how long it takes to get there, but I'm still looking into it. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back