Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

So much for PRONG!!!

GFHunter

I have been hunting for the last 3 weeks for that perfect antelope. Never did find him. So with just 7 days left of the Montana antelope season It was either put the smack down on this buck or eat my tag. So I let him have It.

I didnt even get out of the house today until 10:30 am. I decided to take my daughter for a litte ride and low and behold we found a herd an antelope. The herd had 2 bucks and 16 does. The other buck in the herd was a little taller than the one I killed, but it had zero prongs. Looked almost like a unicorn. I preferred the smaller more typical looking goat.

We spotted them from about 3/4 of a mile away. We stalked via walking, crawling and then belly crawling to within 325 yards of the herd. With a perfect rest over my fanny pack and a little bit of luck from my daughter I dropped this buck right in his tracks. I was shooting my trusty ruger 7mm Rem Mag. with a 154 grain bullet. My daughter was so excited and I was also.

FYI, 2 weeks ago I killed my antelope doe with my .204 ruger and dropped her in her tracks. I was shooting a 40 grain v-max on her. Unfortunately I dont have pictures of her. The shot was 150 yards. I dont usually hunt big game with that small of a caliber rifle but I was dying to see what that little rifle would do to an antelope.

Here are a couple of pictures from the hunt today.
Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Enjoy the pictures.

Congrats on the goat. Looks like your daughter is pleased with the results.

Oak

Fantastic photo of your daughter.
Get that blown up and put it on your wall, you will never have a better trophy.
Congratulations on a great outing.

Back