Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

So i did a thing..

Looks good. The before pix looks like how it might get returned if you loan it to a friend.
Haha😂 no a older man that taught me how to reload gave it to me. He was getting older and not doing well and I had told him before he died that I wanted one of his rifles. He asked which one so I thought about it and was like well I'd really like your model 70 270. So he gave it to me. It had been his dad's before that and they just used it as a truck gun for shooting coyotes and all. This guy had a masters degree or something like that in reloading. And it was unbelievable the stuff he could do without looking at the book. I wish I had a quarter of his knowledge when it comes to reloading and all.

Reminds me of when I snuck away my Dad's '37 Model 70 '06 and redid the stock for him for his birthday. He blamed my Mom for hiding it from him when he couldn't find it one day, but was pleasantly surprised when I presented it to him at his birthday. I have it in my safe now and kind of have been thinking that @p_ham needs to do his magic on it, he does waaaay better work than I do.

Looks very nice. Something for others to consider re scratches and dents. You can steam these out with the tip of a hot clothes iron and wet rag. The dent will often come flush but you'll always see the wrinkle in the grain. So the battle scar is there but surface is smooth. Very cool especially if you're into the deep glossy look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back