Caribou Gear

Slump Buster! Well, sort of...

Devil Diver Down

I can't even remember how long it's been since I've killed anything bigger than a quail when hunting. Passed on a couple modest bucks on my last rifle deer draw 4 years ago. Got spanked by the AZ deer last year in my first year of archery. I'm 0 for elk lifetime. Same with javelina and turkey.

In other words, I'm probably the least accomplished hunter on this board. Finally killed something big a couple weeks back. Does it count if it's cold blooded? :rolleyes:

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

That's a pacific grouper--43 pounds and first place in the tourney in Mexico. Tugging on that big boy 150+ feet out made me realize just how out of shape I've gotten. :cool:

Gulf Grouper. Looks like the Sea of Cortez. Baja or mainland side?

That is one ugly fish. When you all pull on the scale it hits 90lbs?

We're a bunch of Arizona lightweights, I guess. :eek: I knew I needed to work out more.

A few years back, my cousin caught a 90 pounder. Ridiculous fish.

SDHNTR-Yep, you're right--gulf grouper. Caught him 22 miles out of Puerto Peñasco in the Sea of Cortez. It's like hooking a VW bug as it drives by you. If you can win the first minute or so, you'll probably boat the fish. If not, you can claim he was a 100 pounder because he'll be down into the rocks and snap your line like thread and you'll never see him.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back