Sierra Gamechanger performance

coleslaw

Seems like the Gamechanger hype has quieted down since last summer. Has anybody used them on Elk the last season or two? I haven't heard much about it specifically on Elk sized game and I am interested to hear about the performance. Seems like it might be a bit on the light side in terms of overall construction. If anything, I'm sure it's a great deer bullet.

I didn’t shoot an elk with it. I shot several deer with the 30 cal 165, and it is a more heavily constructed bullet than the Gameking.
I wouldn’t hesitate to use it on an elk. My buddy is head ballistician at Sierra, and he assured me they’re plenty of bullet for elk. He’s never steered me wrong, and it was killing game long before it was released to the public.

I didn’t shoot an elk with it. I shot several deer with the 30 cal 165, and it is a more heavily constructed bullet than the Gameking.
I wouldn’t hesitate to use it on an elk. My buddy is head ballistician at Sierra, and he assured me they’re plenty of bullet for elk. He’s never steered me wrong, and it was killing game long before it was released to the public.
Nice. I use a .270 WIN for my all around rifle and reload for it. It likes the Gamekings and Barnes TTSX more than anything else. Does not like Accubonds. I would really like to give the Gamechangers a chance if I continue to hear good things about them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back