Bulls, Bullets, & Ballistics

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Last March I went to the Nosler factory to spend time with Mike Lake, the engineer/ballistician who oversees all of the Nosler design. And, also an avid shooter and hunter. From that came a series of videos about things Mike's team considers in bullet designs and manufacturing. The entire discussion and all of the videos are about hunting bullets and hunting situations. You will hear me keep using the example of shooting at a bull elk, as that is the most common question we get.

Here are the first two of ten that we shot. I hope you get some benefit from these no matter which brand/type of bullet you choose for each hunting application.

Bullet design, construction, and application to hunting using the Nosler product line for examples of each bullet construction type.

Cartridge design considerations for terminal performance and lethality.

I will add the others as we post them to our YouTube channel.

As an FYI, none of these videos are about production levels or ammo shortages. The employees and machinery cannot run any faster than they current operate.

Thanks for the videos Randy. It's obvious they're at max production. The explanation of the differences between the 4 bullets was good to see.

Last March I went to the Nosler factory to spend time with Mike Lake, the engineer/ballistician who oversees all of the Nosler design. And, also an avid shooter and hunter. From that came a series of videos about things Mike's team considers in bullet designs and manufacturing. The entire discussion and all of the videos are about hunting bullets and hunting situations. You will hear me keep using the example of shooting at a bull elk, as that is the most common question we get.

Here are the first two of ten that we shot. I hope you get some benefit from these no matter which brand/type of bullet you choose for each hunting application.

Bullet design, construction, and application to hunting using the Nosler product line for examples of each bullet construction type.

As an FYI, none of these videos are about production levels or ammo shortages. The employees and machinery cannot run any faster than they current operate.
That Swift Scirrico was an accurate bullet with the Safari grade 7mags

Episode #3 shares some thoughts about cartridge and bullet selection for elk hunting. Good way to start an argument in elk camp, no doubt.

Episode #4 is how environmental factors impact your ballistics. Mike answers some of the many questions posed when considering environmental factors of temp, humidity, altitude.

Episode #5 is Mike explaining the purpose behind polymer tips. There's more to it than I originally thought. A short video that covers the most important reasons.

I learned alot from these videos! Good stuff!

Good videos,the elevation is quite a factor for sure.Testing your gun after you arrive in a new area is a must. Most of us of course don’t.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back