Yeti GOBOX Collection

Shot-gun for coyotes

Baxter

Would a Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag with a 24 inch barrel, which has harvested a number of turkeys, or a Mossberg 500 with a 20 inch barrel be better for close range coyotes? The 835 can handle 3.5 inch shells whereas the 500 can not.

When we used to run Beagles for Rabbits we would shoot yotes stone cold dead with 2 3/4" #6s about 1 out of 3 trips. So, yeah go for it! John

Yep ,they'll all get er done ,Hell I have myself a cheap little pump 410 with a 24" full choke and i stuff er full of 3" #4's and 00-buck and it fips em on ther ass

Do not really want to buy another choke.
Would the choke I use for turkeys work?

I bought a Mossberg 535 Tactical for Turkeys and it would make an awesome choice for Coyotes as well. It will shoot 3 1/2 inch as well.

I also have a 535 that I hunt turkey with, and a full choke and 3.5 inch load of 5s rolled 3 of them for me this fall out to 60 yards with a clean kill. Not sure how much further you'd want to shoot without going with the buckshot or BB sized coyote loads the other guys have suggested.

I've probably shot around 100 coyotes with #4buck. They were all within 40 yards though. All needed only 1 round.

Back