Shooter?

Oak

Expert
I know at least 90% of hunters would shoot this buck without thinking twice. How about you guys that are in the other 10%? Would you smoke him up? Score guess? Hard to see, but he's got inline extras on each G-3 and a little sticker on the left side.

Wish I could have gotten photos when he jumped up at 35 yards instead of when he stopped at 400.|oo

Boss1.jpg

Boss2.jpg

Boss3.jpg

Boss4.jpg

His little buddy had a little dropper.

Drop.jpg

Here's an interesting one I found about half a mile from the other two.

BigDrop.JPG

BigDrop2.jpg

I feel bad for the bottom one. Bet all his buddies call him tea-bag.

He's not real wide, but he's got great length, and deep forks. I would guess somewhere in the 170's to 180's.

:cool:

Very nice pics Oak. I wouldn't hesitate on that bad boy, I like him a lot. I love the G4's. Very hard to tell from the pics because you can't see everything but here is some numbers I'm thinking.

MB 24"
G1 2"
G2 15"
G3 10"
G4 12"
Mass 35"

Inside 23"
Outside 27"
Extra's ??? = 10"

Mid 190's gross buck.

Nice buck! My guess is 190+, 26" outside. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many in that alleged 10%. I'd shoot that clubhead too.

nice buck

Depends on the hunt as to whether or not I'd pass. Some units, pass FOR SURE, others...boom. He appears to be around that 25 inch - 25 1/2 inch mark. I would put him in the mid 170's.

Great buck. I wouldn't even hesitate on a buck like that in a general season unit in Idaho. Hard to tell from the pictures but I would put money on him having a gross score over 190".

OK, I'll be the one to say it. I think the buck probably scores more along the lines of 200+. Anybody that actually thinks that one is in the 170s is smoking meth. :D

nice deer! Huge fronts on him. I'd guess in the mid 190's possibly scaring 200. Hard to see the extras though

OK, I'll be the one to say it. I think the buck probably scores more along the lines of 200+. Anybody that actually thinks that one is in the 170s is smoking meth. :D
I'm going to have to agree with you Greeny. I was guessing small just because I always worry about guessing to big I guess. :D But with my numbers above I can see a little more length in the G2's and G'4. Also with what little we can see of his extra's it may be even higher then 10" that I gave him.

Greenhorn and Bambi got it right. Thats a shooter anywhere I'm ever likely to hunt. Main beams look pretty long. Deep forks on all four corners. That rack is built to gross real high. Look hard at the fourth pic from the top.that buck has 170 beat by a mile.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDavis
Back