Shadiness in cutting off access in South Dakota

Yes, township boards have the power to vacate the transportation easement. If the township doesn’t have a board, that power lies with the county.
I am Township ignorant. I'm used to cities and counties and nothing else here in CO. I wonder if RS2477 would/could enter into either side. That's been a political football around here used in clawing back public access in a variety of situations. Will get some popcorn and watch how this one plays out. I'm just a layman, but the state of SD seems to have a pretty strong case here by the sounds of it. Hopefully the state atty gen's office is done with its own internal drama for a while!

I am Township ignorant. I'm used to cities and counties and nothing else here in CO. I wonder if RS2477 would/could enter into either side. That's been a political football around here used in clawing back public access in a variety of situations. Will get some popcorn and watch how this one plays out. I'm just a layman, but the state of SD seems to have a pretty strong case here by the sounds of it. Hopefully the state atty gen's office is done with its own internal drama for a while!
Yeah, I knew nothing about townships either until I started working in ND. Work with them constantly there.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back