Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

East Crazy Mountain Land Exchange

Tester is a good man. I communicated with his staff quite a bit through my trespassing ticket, and he has been an advocate for the public in the Crazies. Daines wouldn't get involved with me. You can bet Sheehy won't be for public access either.
In my experience with Tester he is the opposite of what you have described, and he won’t be getting my vote. I don’t need my voice in the Senate to be Chuck Schumer dressed up as a farmer with a flattop haircut.
Have you asked our next Senator where he stands on the issue?

Senator Tester has always advocated for public lands and for public access. As an Independent, I can easily support his service in the Senate on behalf of Montana.

Candidate Sheehy has been a "Montanan" for ten minutes and he's already spouting the misscalculated previous rehetoric of Congressman Rosendale calling for transfer of federal public lands to state ownership. It didn't take Rosendale very long to realize the error in that idea. If you think your property taxes (and other state taxes) are high now ... just imagine trying to pay for the management costs of BLM, USFS, National Park, Wildlife Refuge, National Monument and other federal lands.

As a Vietnam Veteran and with 25 years service in the Montana Army Guard, I highly respect and admire Sheehy for his US military Navy Seal Team service ... but that does not qualify as experience and knowledge of Montana issues, especially regarding public lands, access, and other issues important and critical to most Montanans. He should stick with his wealth building and acclimation to life as someone enjoying the opportunities and privileges as a Montanan citizen.

If Senator Daines is “a short, fat, pale ratman” can we get a description of Senator Tester, a politician with a no kidding “really bleak future”?
Also in
If Senator Daines is “a short, fat, pale ratman” can we get a description of Senator Tester, a politician with a no kidding “really bleak future”?
Just like probably everyone else on here I disagree with what Senator Daines did. What you did was attack his physical appearance and his family (for being what, too American?)
Since Senator Tester is our only other Senator, with a very bleak future, I just wanted to see if you were impartial enough to disparage his appearance since that seems to be an issue for you, and he is obviously +100 lbs heavier than Senator Daines. I guess dragging someone’s weight, looks, and family into the discussion only happens if you disagree with them politically. NBD, your left wing comrades won’t call you out on it but it is pretty JV, please continue.
I really dislike Steve Daines. I am someone who lives in MT so that he can access and use public land and water. Steve Daines ripped me off big time with this one, especially considering that he was in the position to do the exact opposite and defend historic public access to public land. I wonder what was in it for him? When I ate dinner next to Daines and his family, no one at his table had the slightest wind burnt tan- I had a strong hunch that none of them were outdoorsmen that appreciated open land for the reasons I do. IMO I’ve become very good at judging books by their covers (and their political actions)

Also in

I really dislike Steve Daines. I am someone who lives in MT so that he can access and use public land and water. Steve Daines ripped me off big time with this one, especially considering that he was in the position to do the exact opposite and defend historic public access to public land. I wonder what was in it for him? When I ate dinner next to Daines and his family, no one at his table had the slightest wind burnt tan- I had a strong hunch that none of them were outdoorsmen that appreciated open land for the reasons I do. IMO I’ve become very good at judging books by their covers (and their political actions)

How does posting personally derogatory comments about an individual help the public retain or gain access to contested trails? Seems petty to me.

Also in

Daines gets a lot wrong on public lands policy but he is a for real outdoorsman.

In my experience with Tester he is the opposite of what you have described, and he won’t be getting my vote. I don’t need my voice in the Senate to be Chuck Schumer dressed up as a farmer with a flattop haircut.
Have you asked our next Senator where he stands on the issue?
I'd like to hear the details of your interactions that you had with Tester that were so bad... specifics. He's not even my senator and he's been very helpful to me every time I'm in D.C.

I find it odd how few people value that Tester is both an actual farmer and a generational Montanan. Hard for me to see how someone from an east coast suburb, who traveled around the world for a living, understands MT better. Even if he has the "wrong" letter after his name.

Last edited:
There was no interaction because after reaching out to him 3x I couldn’t even get a response from his support staff. Should I have left a 4th VM or email? I called Rep. Roaendale’s office and had a reply the next day. Not a huge fan of him but at least he can return a call. I did run into him in the Hilton Garden Inn in Bozeman back in ‘08ish, and we spoke. The topic of conversation I brought up was wolves and he gave me the typical song and dance.
The last place in this country I would want to go to would be DC. Maybe if there was another Jan 6th I would consider attending.

I like Tester, but his office doesn’t respond for chit. They just put you on a fundraiser list and start pestering you with auto emails and text messages soliciting donations.

I get the sense this is gonna be a dark, long, and expensive campaign season. Every trip to the post office already yielding a box stuffed with shiny campaign mailers - none of which make for good firestarter - a total waste. Don't let em get to ya!
Have you tried burning text messages and emails? Also a total waste!

I find it odd how few people value that Tester is both an actual farmer and a generational Montanan. Hard for me to see how someone from an east coast suburb, who traveled around the work for a living, understands MT better. Even if he has the "wrong" letter after his name.
I guess some of us would find it odd how others think the number of generations rooted in a geographical location, and working a predetermined occupation are somehow qualifiers to represent us on a national stage. I could care less if a candidate was an immigrant from India who worked at a sweat shop. I want to hear their stance on issues and if elected I want to see their voting record. Tester voted lock step with Schumer, over 95% of the time. He can pack his bags, I don’t need Chuck representing me. I don’t agree with the R’s on a few items, but the reality is even if there are a few who have crazy ideas concerning public lands they don’t have the votes to make anything happen on that front.

Also in

You continue to drive home my point. Who cares if he didn’t have “wind burn?” Maybe they wear sunscreen or stayed out of the sun/wind. Should he have looked like a slob in a public setting, would you all of a sudden think more highly of him then? When I saw Senator Tester at the HGI in Bozeman wearing a suit and tie that didn’t sway my opinion of him. His voting record takes care of that for me.
If Senator Daines would have been wearing black carhartt pants you would have had an issue they weren’t the normal brown carhartt. His poor decision to chime in on the Crazy Mountain access issue accomplished nothing.

Last edited:
You continue to drive home my point. Who cares if he didn’t have “wind burn?” Maybe they wear sunscreen or stayed out of the sun/wind. Should he have looked like a slob in a public setting, would you all of a sudden think more highly of him then? When I saw Senator Testor at the HGI in Bozeman wearing a suit and tie that didn’t sway my opinion of him. His voting record takes care of that for me.
If Senator Daines would have been wearing black carhartt pants you would have had an issue they weren’t the normal brown carhartt. His poor decision to chime in on the Crazy Mountain access issue accomplished nothing.
Perhaps if you tried spelling Testers name correctly you might get a better response.

Perhaps if you tried spelling Testers name correctly you might get a better response.
Sitting in a wolf blind and had my screen light turned down, I’ll edit it for you. You could add the ‘ before the s too.

The last place in this country I would want to go to would be DC. Maybe if there was another Jan 6th I would consider attending.
Yes please do, and please share a photo of yourself so we can report you to the FBI for insurrection.

You pretend to care about our democratic process, then say you wish to overthrow a legitimate election. Get outta here with that bull chit.

Sitting in a wolf blind and had my screen light turned down, I’ll edit it for you. You could add the ‘ before the s too.
Did you thank Tester and Simpson for giving you the opportunity to be sitting in that wolf blind?

That 08 "song and dance" you talked about regarding wolves, what exactly did you discuss with Tester?

Was getting legislation passed to delist part of that "song and dance"?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back