Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

SG Sky Talus to Exo K4

K4 arrived today and I immediately loaded it all my gear (minus the gun, tripod and extra clothes, 15lbs) and the pack and all my water, gear, food came to 50 lbs. Put it on my back and it feels no different than the K3 to be honest - can barely feel the weight at all. The only difference I feel between the two is that the k4s lumbar support is smaller (depth) but this is nice for me, as I have a big ol butt and I didn't feel the top of my butt hit that support with each stride.

All in all, a great pack, but without having also needed more volume, I don't see why I would upgrade from a K3 before it broke down - as it feels similar to my K3. Either way, glad to see my pack in for the 10 mile hike will be around 65lbs, thats what I have been practicing with all summer.

@TN2shot07 I sent ya a DM if you want the K3, kept the box the K4 came in, so it's ready to ship.

K4 arrived today and I immediately loaded it all my gear (minus the gun, tripod and extra clothes, 15lbs) and the pack and all my water, gear, food came to 50 lbs. Put it on my back and it feels no different than the K3 to be honest - can barely feel the weight at all. The only difference I feel between the two is that the k4s lumbar support is smaller (depth) but this is nice for me, as I have a big ol butt and I didn't feel the top of my butt hit that support with each stride.

All in all, a great pack, but without having also needed more volume, I don't see why I would upgrade from a K3 before it broke down - as it feels similar to my K3. Either way, glad to see my pack in for the 10 mile hike will be around 65lbs, thats what I have been practicing with all summer.

@TN2shot07 I sent ya a DM if you want the K3, kept the box the K4 came in, so it's ready to ship.
What's it like with an 85mm spotter? Does it fit well and come out easily?

Darnit I’m late to the game. I think I would have considered just getting the bigger bag for the K3. I have the 3200 and 6400. I am considering getting the 4800 as well just to round out the options since they all interchange in the same frame system. Curious to hear your review on the K4 however.
I'd have done this I have a k3 with 3200 and 4600 it's a great system.

Yeah I’ll be out there for 5 and super comfortable with my 6900. Sg compress really well and aren’t very heavy though so I like having a bigger bag. Won a 3300 before last season and never used it. Still brand new sitting in a shelf. The 6900 is my go to
I have the sky archer from circa 2019.
Can’t remember if it’s a 6200 or 6400 but It’s worked great for me on 3 day backpacking trip and compressed really well for squirrel hunting or just carrying a tree stand.
No plans to ever replace.

have a couple of rifles I’m looking to trade in or sell
Well good thing for you, there are places to do that.

But this spot, is not the place.

If you don't know, or cannot navigate to the spot that is correct for that, jump back to FB, Mark'll help ya.

I went through pack musical chairs for a while with EXO k1, k2, kifaru gen 2 duplex, seek outside revolution, and have stuck with a SG X-curve with 6900 Sky talus and 3600 Solo bags for a long time due primarily to how it packs heavy weight.

The K4 is the first that tempts me to try something new again. I loved everything about my K2 but the SG frame just keeps heavy weight up on my hips better.

I noticed another thread with your k3 3200 for sale. I can't find it now to reply to. Is it still for sale available?

Yes. It is.

Yes. It is.
What are you looking to get for it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back