Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

SG Sky Talus to Exo K4

MtnElk

Wondering if anyone here has gone from the SG Sky Talus to the Exo K4 and if so, what your thoughts were?

Sitting here packing for my backpack hunt and realize I don't have the cubic inches I need (Exo K3 3200), so trying to decide between a SG ST 6900 (6900 CI total ) and the Exo K4 5000 (5700 CI total)

Not exactly what you are asking but I have a K2, my wife has a K3 and my brother has the SG Sky Archer?. Having seen them both side by side many times I think the design and material quality on the EXO packs are superior. Big things that stand out to me are the quality of the hip belt, straps and the side pockets. Customer service at EXO is also fantastic. I got a replacement lumbar pad made for my K2 in the spring. The pack was discontinued 5 years ago but Jake called up the sew shop and had them punch out a k2 pad special order. Cost me $20 tmd.

yeah, I love my K3... just decided to buy a K4 and bite the bullet since I need more volume

yeah, I love my K3... just decided to buy a K4 and bite the bullet since I need more volume
I might do this when the K4 goes on sale, please do a review. I’d like to know how the spotting scope pockets are compared to the K3 and how much wider the bottom is.

Darnit I’m late to the game. I think I would have considered just getting the bigger bag for the K3. I have the 3200 and 6400. I am considering getting the 4800 as well just to round out the options since they all interchange in the same frame system. Curious to hear your review on the K4 however.

I might do this when the K4 goes on sale, please do a review. I’d like to know how the spotting scope pockets are compared to the K3 and how much wider the bottom is.
I chatted with them for a bit today and I don't think they are going to do a sale. They haven't even marked down the K3s yet :(

Darnit I’m late to the game. I think I would have considered just getting the bigger bag for the K3. I have the 3200 and 6400. I am considering getting the 4800 as well just to round out the options since they all interchange in the same frame system. Curious to hear your review on the K4 however.
Man I went back and forth on that too; ultimately I think what pushed me over the edge is some of the accessories for the K4 and then some geometry changes and little detail upgrades. Plus @Dsnow9 and my wife told me to just buy the new pack

Man I went back and forth on that too; ultimately I think what pushed me over the edge is some of the accessories for the K4 and then some geometry changes and little detail upgrades. Plus @Dsnow9 and my wife told me to just buy the new pack
Well if the wife pushes for it then yes!!! Think she’d have a chat with mine?? 🤣

@perma is right. Their only sale of the year is around Black Friday and my guess is that is when they will close out K3. Too many dudes making frantic last minute purchases right now for rifle season to mark them down.

Then the SG is WAY too big. Not that it should stop you from getting it, but ~7k is like 7 - 10d size pack. I have done 7d out of my 5k Reckoning without being overly spartan.
Yeah I’ll be out there for 5 and super comfortable with my 6900. Sg compress really well and aren’t very heavy though so I like having a bigger bag. Won a 3300 before last season and never used it. Still brand new sitting in a shelf. The 6900 is my go to

Should be mentioned we are bringing all our water in with us, so that lends itself to the volume problem I’m having with my 3200. I went with the K4 5000 which is 5700ci

And both the SG and K4 compress nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back