Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Selling Public LandHR 621 and 622: Do We All Agree that Jason Chaffetz is a Coward?

I don't believe those people were "the left". I don't think the entire state has that many Democrats, so part of them had to be fed up "center"....

Remember, Jason Chaffetz, the biggest coward in DC and SLC, rode the "anger" of the Tea Party and 200 people in town halls in 2010 to power. And to see it come back to him 5x is an eye opener. And, he really doesn't know how deep the anger is. But, now he has to tell his wife that he might be losing his job in 20 months, if he misreads the sentiment.

I had an exchange with my congressman on this very subject. He was under the impression that the "protests" are "democrats imploding". He is in denial, while I told him he might want to visit his District.

Chaffetz already go told to withdraw 622 from his fellow Congressmen. They will not stand for him to keep leading them into losing positions. Even if he retains his seat, he can cripple others if he continues.

I didn't say they were all left, but many were and that is what it is seen as by a majority of people. I want to get some of these guys out of office and sorry, that's not going to do it. This will drive people farther toward Trump. You can be angry and act civil. I would like to see a few more democrats get in office to even this out but actions like this, the constant protests, and the doubling down the left is doing is just driving people into Trumps arms even more and he's going to have coat-tails. Getting these people out of office is more important than making a point. Civil anger and letting yourself be heard is what will accomplish something. Yelling a guy down just hurts the message and branding of it and makes it harder to get people back in congress who will reject this crap. Some hostility is okay, when it starts to look like one of the many protests around the country it cheapens the message and hurts our cause IMO.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" JFK

Edit: I think this could be equally applied to both sides of the argument right now. I don't think JFK for a minute was advocating for violence with this quote, but merely stating that obstructionism or chaos on either side deludes their argument and ventually results in physical violence. Smart man, JFK

Last edited:
Jose I'm pretty reasonably in the middle when it comes to politics. On this issue without a doubt it is republicans driving it. Here's a word of advise though. Protesting, screaming and yelling, shouting people down, and disrespecting people is part of what drove people to Trumps arms and if liberals continue to act like they have for the next 4 years the average American will continue to be driven into these people arms. I gwtbwhat you're saying and he deserved some hostility but people are sick of the protests and going beyond being reasonable. If we don't do this in a decent manner trust me, we won't get any of these people unelected because there are a lot of people who will label this as liberal snowflakes melting rather than real concern and vote the same way in two and four years. I want him and a lot of others out to, but the left MUST tone it down a level if they expect to win back the hearts of a lot of people they've lost.

I have to agree with you here. We have to separate the federal land issue from the other criticisms of the current GOP. They need to know that it isn't "liberal snowflakes" just protesting every single GOP move, but we are conservatives who strongly disagree with the GOP on this issue. We can't let this be just another partisan stance to be written off by the GOP.

And I do agree that Democrats need to be surgical with their criticism of Trump or it will just be white noise (no pun intended). I hope there are some moderate Democrats out there who can represent them as the party of reason.

Read the CNN report, while I agree with much of the criticism, it didn't mention public lands. GOP voters in flyover country will probably just take it as a threat to their values by the activist class.

Thank you all for the good info and conversation. I found it interesting that this is one of the responses I have received from Cory Gardner here in CO.

"Thank you for contacting me regarding the transfer of federal lands to states. I appreciate you taking the time to write. It is an honor to serve you in the United States Senate and I hope you will continue to write with your thoughts and ideas on moving our country forward.

Growing up in Colorado has given me a profound appreciation for the natural beauty of our state. Much of this beauty is found on federal lands, which are protected from forms of development which might otherwise destruct or diminish their grandeur. I strongly believe that we must preserve this natural beauty for our children and grandchildren, and I remain committed to the conservation of our great state. This is why I recently voted against Senator Lisa Murkowski’s (R-AK) Amendment 838 to the budget resolution. This amendment set the stage for selling off public lands, including any of Colorado’s 53 wilderness study areas.

In recent years, there has been much debate over the transfer of federal lands to state control. Colorado was touched by this controversy last year during discussions regarding Colorado National Monument and its designation as a national park. I applaud former Senator Mark Udall (D-CO) and Congressman Scott Tipton (R-CO) for seeking community input and engaging with local Coloradans to address their concerns about the national park proposal, and I strongly believe that local communities must be involved in the administration of the federal lands in their communities. Rest assured, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind should legislation regarding this issue come before the Senate again in the future.

Again, thank you for contacting me, and do not hesitate to do so again when an issue is important to you."

I have just taken JoseCuervo's advice and added a recurring reminder to call Mr. Gardner each Tuesday morning.

Fox News is showing clips of Town Hall Meetings with Chaffetz now. While you're able to see a few "Keep It Public" signs, mostly you see an unruly crowd. No mention whatsoever of the public land debate. It appeared like most of the protests going on now minus violence .
Oneye is 100 % correct. Especially now with the idiotic things we see going on after the election.

I have not seen anything about "us". In fact, the left is saying it's the left, not his own rebelling against him. Personally, I don't know what went on there. ???

It should be noted that the Tea Party was driven into power using these same angry populace techniques. While I strongly feel that public land is a bipartisan issue, I also think that if Chaffez is worried that a large block of voters want him out of office over his leadership on ethics questions, he is less likely to piss of another block of voters on the public lands issue. We can take strategic advantage of the anger without having to fight each other over those issues here.

Here claims he wants more Law enforcement to "protect" public lands in his explanation of HR 622

https://youtu.be/Ob5MrYpv_XI?t=990

All I can say is thanks for posting that Nemont.
Really, that's all I can say.
Do I make my point by reiterating that, really, that's all I can say............
Maybe somebody more eloquent (NHY?:rolleyes::D) could do better.

Keep voting for these tools, folks......

Last edited:
P.S.
On the more sinister side of things...
These "tools" do possess somewhat of a sharp edge. They know that they have a large and receptive audience. That's a tough one........

The right has co-opted the victim tactics that the left developed. Now conservatives are wanting safe spaces from angry liberal bullies. Just like executive orders under Obama, what goes around comes around.

Like the Meanie's War on Christmas? The cat bird seat ain't never been occupied by more narrow shoulders than the right.

Discussion in the office today was disgust of the lack of basic civility demonstrated. I have a moderate to left leaning office. Good luck with the temper tantrum approach.

Discussion in the office today was disgust of the lack of basic civility demonstrated. I have a moderate to left leaning office. Good luck with the temper tantrum approach.

Oh please. The people who chanted "Lock Her Up" are suddenly offended by people telling Jason Chaffetz, the biggest coward in DC and SLC to "Do your job"?

Yeah, not buying it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back