PEAX Equipment

Tone Deaf, Anti-Hunting Jason CHAFFETZ Foreshadows Trump Reversing Course

JoseCuervo

This gives you insight into the minds of the rank and file GOP as they transfer public lands. A couple of things to note:

• Chaffetz believes that the people supporting public lands are "elitest"
  • Chaffetz doesn't believe people in the West want public lands
  • Chaffetz belives the purpose of public lands is to fund " basic services like public safety, education, health or assistance programs"
  • Chaffetz does not believe hunting and tourism brings prosperity
  • Chaffetz believes prosperity requires "ranching, mining or other extractive industries"
  • Chaffetz believes people supporting Public Lands are " “Envirocrat”.
  • Chaffetz thinks that if you support Public Lands you are “tenure and trust fund” types
  • Chaffetz actually believes Public Lands will kill people "with life and death power over ranchers"
  • Chaffetz believes the only way for Utah to fund schools is to sell Public Lands
  • Chaffetz says that anyone supporting public lands "don’t care whether you can feed your family, educate your kids or make your mortgage payment
  • Chaffetz believes that Trump is going to see things his way. "Donald Trump won the election because he understood that better than they ever will, and in Bears Ears he has a chance to prove it."

That last bullet point should be the one that scares you the most. The anti-hunting types like Jason Chaffetz believe they can influence Trump to "make deals" that will transfer public lands. And, you know what? They can. And it will be simple. They just have to convince Trump that they got the BEST deal, and Trump will sign off, as Trump loves the BEST deal.

From an "opinion" piece by Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) in The Hill.

Never mind that the Bears Ears area was already amply protected, or that no mining or drilling was proposed anywhere near sensitive archeological sites. For this administration, catering to the whims of the elitist donor class from the Democrat archipelagos takes priority over the basic survival needs of American workers in flyover country.

Although Utah’s San Juan County is larger than the entire land mass of Massachusetts, the federal government controls 92% of the county’s land. How does a county fund basic services like public safety, education, health or assistance programs with a tax base limited to 8% of its area? It does so barely, if at all.

Low-wage seasonal jobs are welcomed, but they do little to bring prosperity. For prosperity San Juan County families count on ranching, mining or other extractive industries that are now closed off to them. These people do not measure government’s effectiveness by the generosity of its welfare benefits but by the opportunities created and freedoms preserved to allow them to earn their own way. In this they are no different than miners in Pennsylvania and Ohio, offshore drillers or constructors awaiting the go ahead to build the Keystone Pipeline; all have been stomped on by an “Envirocrat” president on his way out the door. The “tenure and trust fund” set will never understand that reality.

A monument designation grants federal bureaucrats life and death power over ranchers and others whose livelihoods depend on the land. These federal environmental colonizers can close roads to private property and even prohibit ATVs used by local tribes for hunting and gathering. Such a designation locks up over 100,000 acres of state school trust lands that should be generating badly needed revenue for Utah schools.

Envirocrats don’t care whether you can feed your family, educate your kids or make your mortgage payment as long as they can maintain southern Utah as their own personal “snow globe,” seen but not touched by anyone who doesn't take the Sunday Times.

Such feckless arrogance caused Democrats to lose the presidency and hemorrhage hundreds of state and local elected offices over the past eight years. Donald Trump won the election because he understood that better than they ever will, and in Bears Ears he has a chance to prove it.

And, as you read what Chaffetz writes, you can see that this is not the case of somebody who doesn't understand what he is doing, and just needs a bit of education. To Chaffetz, this is a deep seated belief that "elitists", and the "trust fund and tenure" crowd are the ONLY ones who want Public Lands, and he is on a mission from God to save the children of Utah from a life of ignorance, forced upon them by East Coast Elitists wearing tweed jackets, smoking pipes, and drinking craft beers.

If you want to call Jason, his phone number is (801) 851-2500.

Last edited:
This is just one issue.
Way bigger things to be addressed than this.
Besides, everybody's gonna get a tax break, business will flourish, markets will soar, jobs will be created, the 2'nd Amendment is safe, immigration will be controlled...........
America is on the verge of greatness now that great minds are in charge of it all.
Libtards need to calm down.
It'll all be OK.

:hump:

I'm sure calling an extremist Tea Party worthless SOB will do a lot of good. On the other hand if the gutless creep answered the phone so I could talk to him personally might make me feel better?

This is just one issue.
Besides, everybody's gonna get a tax break, business will flourish, markets will soar, jobs will be created, the 2'nd Amendment is safe, immigration will be controlled...........
America is on the verge of greatness now that great minds are in charge of it all.
It'll all be OK.

This looks familiar. Have I seen this before?

Kindof reminds me about that old meme about how having your party in power is like using a leaky condom. It gives you a false sense of security while your being screwed.

Now everybody just bend over and touch your toes for a couple of years.

I'm sure calling an extremist Tea Party worthless SOB will do a lot of good. On the other hand if the gutless creep answered the phone so I could talk to him personally might make me feel better?

If his office phone rings 20 times tomorrow morning, with people telling them they object to his Opinion Piece in The Hill, some staffer will send the note on.

Here is a script, if you would like:

Hello, good morning.

May I speak to Representative Chaffetz?

Oh, well then may I speak with his staffer in charge of Public Lands?

My name is ______________ and I’m a deer and elk hunter who is committed to maintaining My Public Lands so that I can hunt and fish.

I am calling because I'm deeply concerned about the Opinion piece that Representative Chaffetz published in The Hill on Thursday, January 5 calling me an Envirocrat, an Elitest, and part of the "trust fund and tenure set". When, in fact, I wear blue jeans every day, I have more flannel shirts than I will ever wear out, and, I spend 20 days per year, hunting on My Public Lands chasing deer and elk. I travel from one end of Utah to the other, spending money throughout the State, while spending great days on My Public Lands with my family.

I’m calling to ask that Representative Chaffetz to end his anti-hunting stance and begin to work to preserve My Public Lands for the benefit of all the citizens of Utah. I will be very disappointed if he continues to believe the only value of Public Lands is for ranching and mining and doesn't support the very Public Lands that my family and I hunt every year.

Will you relay that message for me?

Thank you, and have a great day.”

Word to the wise:

Before spending any time, energy or money distancing yourself from a label you've been branded with by an enemy, you might just want to own it. Indeed, you might just want to prove him right, double down and jump in bed with those he already thinks you are. After all, those folks have been his enemies a lot longer than you have. And the enemy of your enemy just might be your friend. Remember that when the midterms roll around.

"If we robbed the cynics and took all their food
That way what they believe will have taken place"

Jewel.

Last edited:
Work to the wise:

Before spending any time, energy or money distancing yourself from a label you've been branded with by an enemy, you might just want to own it. Indeed, you might just want to prove him right, double down and jump in bed with those he already thinks you are. After all, those folks have been his enemies a lot longer than you have. And the enemy of your enemy just might be your friend. Remember that when the midterms roll around.

"If we robbed the cynics and took all their food
That way what they believe will have taken place"

Jewel.

No offense, but, that makes no sense. Please don't offer advise.

This is just one issue.
It'll all be OK.

46517443.jpg

For the record he's a goof. Kickers usually are! That said take a breath and read.

This gives you insight into the minds of the rank and file GOP as they transfer public lands. (Wanting to transfer isn't transferring. Trump has stated opposition and he picked Zinke for DOE and he's stood against PLT) A couple of things to note:

• Chaffetz believes that the people supporting public lands are "elitest" His statement is about elitest support for wilderness/monuments and many are.
  • Chaffetz doesn't believe people in the West want public lands Where did he say this? Cite it if you can
  • Chaffetz belives the purpose of public lands is to fund " basic services like public safety, education, health or assistance programs" His statement you cited was about economic development opportunity. I guess if you have a job you will pay for cops, fireman, teachers, hospitals and welfare in your community. Is that bad?
  • Chaffetz does not believe hunting and tourism brings prosperity They dont'! A few weeks hunting seasons and five month tourist season doesn't create year round prosperity. Drive up to Torrey, Blanding or Boulder UT next week and see what's shuttered for the off season.
  • Chaffetz believes prosperity requires "ranching, mining or other extractive industries" True - Look at wages; seasonal hotel clerk/maid vs year round coal truck or drilling.
  • Chaffetz believes people supporting Public Lands are " “Envirocrat”. Again it's the wilderness/monument position. I love this term. Defines SUWA and Sierra Club very well.
    *]Chaffetz thinks that if you support Public Lands you are “tenure and trust fund” types The rest of these are the same sky is falling rant.
  • Chaffetz actually believes Public Lands will kill people "with life and death power over ranchers"
  • Chaffetz believes the only way for Utah to fund schools is to sell Public Lands
  • Chaffetz says that anyone supporting public lands "don’t care whether you can feed your family, educate your kids or make your mortgage payment
  • Chaffetz believes that Trump is going to see things his way. "Donald Trump won the election because he understood that better than they ever will, and in Bears Ears he has a chance to prove it."

That last bullet point should be the one that scares you the most. The anti-hunting types like Jason Chaffetz believe they can influence Trump to "make deals" that will transfer public lands. And, you know what? They can. And it will be simple. They just have to convince Trump that they got the BEST deal, and Trump will sign off, as Trump loves the BEST deal. Do you really believe Trump will listen to a ex-kicker? His selection of Zinke clearly shows what direction he will lead us.

From an "opinion" piece by Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) in The Hill.

And, as you read what Chaffetz writes, you can see that this is not the case of somebody who doesn't understand what he is doing, and just needs a bit of education. To Chaffetz, this is a deep seated belief that "elitists", and the "trust fund and tenure" crowd are the ONLY ones who want Public Lands, and he is on a mission from God to save the children of Utah from a life of ignorance, forced upon them by East Coast Elitists wearing tweed jackets, smoking pipes, and drinking craft beers.

If you want to call Jason, his phone number is (801) 851-2500.

For the record he's a goof. Kickers usually are! That said take a breath and read.

We get it. you will carry Chaffetz' water for him. Dismiss all of his labeling, name calling, and demonizing hunters so that he can sell public lands.

Hunting isn't important to you. Chaffetz is.

We get it. you will carry Chaffetz' water for him. Dismiss all of his labeling, name calling, and demonizing hunters so that he can sell public lands.

Go back and read your Envirocrat rant. Pretty full of labeling, name calling, demonizing and "fiction".

Really; that's your response? Juvenile!

A few weeks hunting seasons and five month tourist season doesn't create year round prosperity.
dukes_daddy, that may be the scenario in Utah, but not in Montana and other states. Agriculture has been the leading economic engine driving Montana's economy for decades, but it is about to be surpassed by the number two industry which is tourism. Montana's tourism (including hunting and fishing, but much more) is dependent on the federal public lands which hold those places special and wild. Development and resource extraction adversely impact the special and wild essence and harm tourism.

Let's read between the lines about this ridiculous op-ed. The good Congressman readily admits that no drilling or mining was proposed for Bears Ears. Okay, so what ability was lost for economic development?

Grazing is included in the proclamation, no? Okay, so what livelihood is lost?

Let's focus on he fact that what this really does is much more difficult to transfer said land to the state of Utah. That's why he's pissed. I find his statement about " locking up state lands " to be ironic and disingenuous. Has he renounced the illegal gate that is blocking access to My Public Lands?

Chaffetz is a member of Congress, whom last time I checked, is the authority by which PILT is funded and also calculated. However, instead of tackling this problem, I guess it's much easier to blame the Envirocrats.

I'm going to go search for the trust fund I didn't know I had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go back and read your Envirocrat rant. Pretty full of labeling, name calling, demonizing and "fiction".

Really; that's your response? Juvenile!

Ah yes, us public land supporters are just a bunch of environmental extremists trying to destroy our country's economy and freedoms that we hold so dear.

As far as I could tell the areas around places like Bozeman are booming and I am pretty sure I know why that is: tourism due to access to public lands.

Back