Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Seely lake road work

Hilljackoutlaw

Can anyone give me an update on how the road construction is going. I'm trying to plan my work in and around the area. Thanks

It wasn't too bad really. On the way we got stopped for about 5-10 minutes, on the way home we got stuck for about 10 minutes too. They have about 2/3 of the construction complete it's just that last little bit on the west end of Salmon they are finishing up really.

They are working 6 days a week with Sunday off. The hours posted are 7am to 7pm with one way traffic. They have the lights working on each end. I've hit it one time and just had to slow down and the next 10 to 20 min wait. Just the luck of the draw. The one mile section is rough and varies each day. They say it will be done by the 4th of July hopefully the 2024 4th of July LOL.

On another note, the USFS have opened a number of roads that are dry. The grass is starting to green up down low but so far, no bear issues I've heard of. Hope this info helps.

Hilljackoutlaw where you working at around Seeley? Also for the guys that fish Salmon the north boat ramp is under about 25 feet of dirt in the entire pullout. The state hasn't opened the paved boat ramp area yet but I would hope they do it soon. So far just a couple of Kayaks been on the water fishing.

They are working 6 days a week with Sunday off. The hours posted are 7am to 7pm with one way traffic. They have the lights working on each end. I've hit it one time and just had to slow down and the next 10 to 20 min wait. Just the luck of the draw. The one mile section is rough and varies each day. They say it will be done by the 4th of July hopefully the 2024 4th of July LOL.

On another note, the USFS have opened a number of roads that are dry. The grass is starting to green up down low but so far, no bear issues I've heard of. Hope this info helps.
My father-in-law told me that a sow grabbed a dog to protect her cubs. The ladies had their dogs off-leash during a walk. The dogs ran ahead, and by the time the ladies reached the barking and yelping, it was too late. The sow pulled the dog into the den. They called FWP and FWP said they could try to retrieve the dog when the bears leave the den. It happened up Double Arrow somewhere, he wasn’t sure of the exact location on Double Arrow. This was sometime last week.

There has been a sow in that area for 3 or 4 years that I know of. The dog issue is the first I've heard of. People let their dogs run free accept in the town area where they normally keep them on a leash. And the only reason they do it then is so they don't get run over by a vehicle.

Hilljackoutlaw where you working at around Seeley? Also for the guys that fish Salmon the north boat ramp is under about 25 feet of dirt in the entire pullout. The state hasn't opened the paved boat ramp area yet but I would hope they do it soon. So far just a couple of Kayaks been on the water fishing.
Maintenance on a couple cell towers one right in town.

Last week or two the water dept was checking their update for the water meters. They had a guy going around to each house in our neighborhood updating the meters. It was kind of suspicious, so I went and asked him what he was doing LOL. I think they are using the tower in town you speak of.

Update the Salmon Lake State boat ramp was open today. Saw one boat on the lake this morning. The road construction is going strong. Hopefully they get finished by June.

Update the Salmon Lake State boat ramp was open today. Saw one boat on the lake this morning. The road construction is going strong. Hopefully they get finished by June.
Awesome. Sounds like they are cooking now! They can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My father-in-law told me that a sow grabbed a dog to protect her cubs. The ladies had their dogs off-leash during a walk. The dogs ran ahead, and by the time the ladies reached the barking and yelping, it was too late. The sow pulled the dog into the den. They called FWP and FWP said they could try to retrieve the dog when the bears leave the den. It happened up Double Arrow somewhere, he wasn’t sure of the exact location on Double Arrow. This was sometime last week.
That's news to me. I follow along on the seeley gossip Facebook I mean neighborhood watch pages and haven't seen anything about it.

Yup the neighborhood watch what your neighbor does page. LOL
And there's a dog running around page. I can't believe how many different gossip pages that community has made. Someone gets mad and starts a new one.

At least they don't complain about the volunteer fire dept much anymore. I have no idea what happened there but oh boy

The problem board member was voted out. So far it seems to be running much better. But time will tell. With the mill shutting down the little things are being put on the back burner to complain about.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back