Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Seeking more input

I think they are good additions to your site, and I would add them without thinking twice about it.

I only wqtch the program on TV. When I'm hunting there is no time for electronics. Don't know if there is sufficient market for downloads. As for shopping with dollars going to conservation I'm all for it.

Although I'm an old rascal that isn't into all this newfangled electronic stuff, there are scores of people who are and I say go for it as you mentioned. The same goes with the second idea as long as we have the option to click on a site and conservation benefits with a purchase. The additions, if done as you have mentioned, sound like a benefit to you to keep things going well, to us as members, and to conservation. Seems like a triple WIN situation to me!

people confuse me sometimes...:confused:

"Maybe dupe is a bad word, but in the end you want to change me for additional services the internet already provides, it's just the productions company does not make any money if you allow us to use them."

The internet DOES NOT provide you with the OYOA online show! Randy & his production company do! Those steaming videos will still not cost you a DIME & you can thank Randy because he is paying for the BANDWIDTH to provide us the access. I get the feeling that because you have the Sportsman's Channel you believe you should be ENTITLED to view OYOA over any media format or device for free. Correct?

Dude, nothing is FREE, someone is paying for it somewhere. Chill out & pop a cold one...

Be excited because OYOA is not an easy show to produce! Lots of money & hardwork have gone into producing this show & they are bringing it to us for pratically nothing on TV.

I don't know Randy personally, but I think the word DUPE is basically calling him a thief & that's out of line. He isn't pointing a gun to your head & saying you must buy the content on every media platform. He is giving everyone different media OPTIONS, but at the end of the day he has to re-coupe some or all of the cost to do so. It's also called making a living & it's a FREE market, which means you don't have to buy it if you don't want it.

Now, if Randy can get the government to mandate it, I will start calling him a SUPER-DUPER!!!

Last edited:
Downloads would be nice, never have really done it, but our family is starting to download more and more, and we do not get the Sportsman's channel.
I see nothing wrong with a commerce page, might or might not use it. I think anything a guy can do to diversify to stay competetive is a must.

You already made the money back in other ways I assume or the TV show would not exist.

If you only knew.

Randy do what ever you need to do to keep the ship afloat. You aren't taking it off tv you're only offering other mediums. I remember when the format of Hunttalk changed and you asked opinions then as well. Well the ones who complained about the new changes are still around and they are still posting and reaping the benefits of having a free source of entertainment and enlightenment. Again do what you need to, to keep it going and also pay the bills (including yours). If they don't like it they can watch Jackie Bushman re runs.

I laugh when ever I see the advertisement for such and such a DVD with digital copy so the people can watch their favorite movies while on vacation or at the beach. AT THE BEACH?????? If I was at the beach the last thing I would want to do is be watching a movie.
That said, if I were you I would simply transfer the risk involved with making downloadable formats available. All you have to do is contract to pay company XYZ a percentage of the sales that happen from downloads. If there are no sales you pay them nothing and if there a lots of sales you pay them lots. The company provides the bandwidth, storage, etc. Contract it for a year or so and reevaluate it accordingly.
As for the commerce page....simply a win.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back