Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Season Better Than Some, Worse Than Some

TOM IN TENNESSEE

Guess that's why they call it hunting!
Tuned Ol Abe up on two dove hunts in Sept with 78 retrieves. Then did some poor resident Canada goose hunting with only 7 birds taken
Off to SE MO first of Nov to hunt a lease I'm in with 7 Missouri buddies. Worse year we've had in five years! Birds were not there until very late after I had already pulled out but we did get drawn twice for positions on Conservation Area and got four gun limits both times for Abe. He only got to pick up 59 on the lease plus one Speck and two Snows.
Off to SE LA marshes for five days between Christmas and NY. Abe picked up46 of our 72 ducks (had a second dog) and 6 snipe the youngsters with us whacked.
Then to Arkansas for my birthday hunt....slow....Abe picked up 22 ducks and 1 Speck.
Got one trip left---back to ARK to close the season for five days on the 20th.
I did also go to SE LA for 4 days over Thanksgiving but left Abe in SE MO with my buddies on the lease since only three of us were hunting LA and we had another dawg. We whacked them pretty good.
Good luck to all you fellow crazy waterfowl hunters as the seasons winds down.

Finished duck season fairly well in AR...Ol Abe got 60 more ducks, 20 more geese and tried to please daddy one morning at 4:30 when he saw a "cat" to catch , kill and retrieve.....didn't turn out too well as "cat" had a stripe down it's back! Poor ol Abe ain't been in truck cab or house since last Thursday and will spend a few more days in solitary confinement.
We will do one last hoorah in SEMO around 15Feb for "Conservation".
Now go clean those decoys and waders and shotguns !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back