Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

SE Montana winter kill

WTF is up with the growth on the neck, Awesome pictures Brockel, thanks for sharing.
Was told it’s from Bot flies. Doesn’t hurt the deer and first good freeze they fall off is what I was told. Nasty looking stuff

I haven't seen a bachelor group of bucks like that in a long time. Used to hunt with a buddy somewhere out east;) and we used to go out and take some video and pictures that were unreal sure didn't know how good a guy had it at that point in my life when I was young and dumb. Glad to see they still exist, looks beautiful out there Greenhorn glad to see shes not letting up yet.

I don't always hunt places that receive 300+ inches of snow and record cold temps immediately after a drought... but when I do, It's in SE Montana. My pack is going to be extra heavy hiking around this fall with all those B tags stuffed in it :cool:. #wackNstack

I haven't seen a bachelor group of bucks like that in a long time. Used to hunt with a buddy somewhere out east;) and we used to go out and take some video and pictures that were unreal sure didn't know how good a guy had it at that point in my life when I was young and dumb. Glad to see they still exist, looks beautiful out there Greenhorn glad to see shes not letting up yet.

The last ten years have really went down hill

You took this thread from off-topic in a bad way to off topic in a good way :) That's a heck of a deer.

No matter how bad the winter kill is in eastern MT, I bet there will be no leftover tags, and if there are, I bet they go quickly. There's too much stuff floating around on the net about how great the deer hunting is, and not enough information getting out on how rough the winter has been.

They'll sell out . The app deadline was march 15 , so lots of guys put in back in February before things got as bad as they are now

Drove past here yesterday and it was mostly clear of snow. Bunch of pronghorn and mule deer on the bench, with a few obvious carcasses in the fields. I guess it isn't over yet.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 548
It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood as the sun shines in eastern MT.

Attachments

• 2210B2E0-B6D7-4F70-9B6B-B92296D6872D.jpg
    2210B2E0-B6D7-4F70-9B6B-B92296D6872D.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 433
April showers bring May flowers?

Attachments

• 60761771-3BB5-419F-BECA-228CEEA8E0B6.jpg
    60761771-3BB5-419F-BECA-228CEEA8E0B6.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 431
Aaaaannnnnnddddd...... there's the knock out punch late in the tenth round! All remaining wildlife has just caught a stiff right hook to the face for what looks like a TKO FOLKS! Not sure their gonna get up from this one.

Greenhorn way to look at the glass half full.

So where are the worst spots ? I drove on 94 to billings and I was expecting more . Is it bad heading south ?

90 was closed both ways out of Sheridan this morning.
I see there is a pickup in the ditch on the Lame Deer divide.

We dodge most of it in the baker areas. Were calling for 8”. We maybe got 2”

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back