Caribou Gear Tarp

Screwing over the Non-resident (or not)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have, you think 90-10 passed by itself for the big 4?

The past winter, dropping the 7250 elk cap, and SF111 are all making 90-10 for DEP likely to pass here soon.

Buzz I like this one the best.

“ Who cares what my state does? What about guys that are applying for elk tags in AZ that live in Florida? They dont have elk in Florida, they not only cant apply for an elk in their home state...they also cant buy OTC tags either. Same with Alabama, N. Carolina, Georgia, Hawaii, etc. etc. etc.

Lots of states dont have elk tags available...what excuse are you going to use to screw the residents of those states?

You're looking at it from a very narrow-minded approach...I'm looking at it from the standpoint of some poor bastard in S. Carolina who applies and holds hope for drawing a tag in AZ. The Residents of your state are pissing on him, as theres a very good chance the unit he's applying for will not even have a single NR tag issued...Residents could potentially get all the tags.

Thats just pure crap. That dude religiously supports the AZ G&F to the tune of $100 plus a year...and isnt guaranteed even a CHANCE at a single tag?

Thats not right no matter how you argue it, you should be afforded the guarantee that you will be drawing for an available tag...in particular for over $100 fronted for a license you'll never use unless you draw.

But, like I said, personally, I dont care all that much. I'll likely draw a tag or two in AZ and I apply for a lot of states. I've already drawn some AZ tags, I got mine, so why give a shit about anyone else...that attitude should put me in line with the Residents of AZ.

I just cant make myself be such a prick though...downfall on my part I guess.

I still want to believe that hunters arent a bunch of selfish, jealous, and greedy individuals...I'm sorry to say in the current hunting world...that just isnt the reality. It’s all about ME and to hell with everyone else. Pretty sad.”

Buzz I like this one the best.

“ Who cares what my state does? What about guys that are applying for elk tags in AZ that live in Florida? They dont have elk in Florida, they not only cant apply for an elk in their home state...they also cant buy OTC tags either. Same with Alabama, N. Carolina, Georgia, Hawaii, etc. etc. etc.

Lots of states dont have elk tags available...what excuse are you going to use to screw the residents of those states?

You're looking at it from a very narrow-minded approach...I'm looking at it from the standpoint of some poor bastard in S. Carolina who applies and holds hope for drawing a tag in AZ. The Residents of your state are pissing on him, as theres a very good chance the unit he's applying for will not even have a single NR tag issued...Residents could potentially get all the tags.

Thats just pure crap. That dude religiously supports the AZ G&F to the tune of $100 plus a year...and isnt guaranteed even a CHANCE at a single tag?

Thats not right no matter how you argue it, you should be afforded the guarantee that you will be drawing for an available tag...in particular for over $100 fronted for a license you'll never use unless you draw.

But, like I said, personally, I dont care all that much. I'll likely draw a tag or two in AZ and I apply for a lot of states. I've already drawn some AZ tags, I got mine, so why give a shit about anyone else...that attitude should put me in line with the Residents of AZ.

I just cant make myself be such a prick though...downfall on my part I guess.

I still want to believe that hunters arent a bunch of selfish, jealous, and greedy individuals...I'm sorry to say in the current hunting world...that just isnt the reality. It’s all about ME and to hell with everyone else. Pretty sad.”
Dude, like I said, when I realized no other state was increasing opportunity for me as a NR and putting residents first, I changed my mind.

If everyone else is going to look out for themselves, no good reason to not do the same thing.

Arizona was right, I was wrong. What they did convinced me just how wrong I was.

Believe it or not, but there is a western state that does not limit tags to NR and they have put 400" bulls in the record book. Just good luck drawing a tag, odds are usually way less than .5% for all that put in. Go ahead and try your luck along with residents for the 5 tags for a unit. That is after you first pick what weapon you would like to kill your bull with, archery, muzzleloader or rifle, oh yeah, which side of the state also.

Last edited:
Dude, like I said, when I realized no other state was increasing opportunity for me as a NR and putting residents first, I changed my mind.

If everyone else is going to look out for themselves, no good reason to not do the same thing.

Arizona was right, I was wrong. What they did convinced me just how wrong I was.

No Buzz. You were right back then. But You’re wrong now. Two wrongs don’t make a right.
You and your ilk won’t stop at 90/10 either. You keep going to till you have them all. Greed knows no bounds.

You clearly aren't aware what the Scottish Government are planning, a red stag might be a rare thing in the not too distant future, I'm glad I'm in England! (but sometimes I do shoot your ElK and Deer;))
BTW, I looked at that site, you can get it way cheaper than that!
So the Scots are actually reducing red deer? And please do share where we can all go stalking. I do believe some HTers might take that route if the cost is similar to what they would spend over here.

No Buzz. You were right back then. But You’re wrong now. Two wrongs don’t make a right.
You and your ilk won’t stop at 90/10 either. You keep going to till you have them all. Greed knows no bounds.
1709436886335.png

Common man. @BuzzH Said he was wrong, twice. Thats approaching a hunt talk miracle.

North dakota gives NR 0 moose tags - makes NR put in for miserable sheep odds for 50 bucks. Where is your gripe for them?

When i travel - a lot of things cost more for NR outdoor activities - period. Its all baked into the cake of where each person chooses to live. If its not - it should be.

Last edited:
View attachment 317725

Common man. @BuzzH Said he was wrong, twice. Thats approaching a hunt talk miracle.

North dakota gives NR 0 moose tags - makes NR put in for miserable sheep odds for 50 bucks. Where is your gripe for them?

When i travel - a lot of things cost more for NR outdoor activities - period. Its all baked into the cake of where each person chooses to leave. If its not - it should be.

What outdoor activities besides hunting and fishing cost more for a NR?

Some of you guys need to stop whining about no NR opportunities. I can hunt elk in Wyoming as a NR every year if I want to. Is it going to be a bull, no, but it is elk hunting and they fill the freezer and taste the same.

Some of you guys need to stop whining about no NR opportunities. I can hunt elk in Wyoming as a NR every year if I want to. Is it going to be a bull, no, but it is elk hunting and they fill the freezer and taste the same.

So can Wyoming residents. So why are they trying to take an increased share of the NR quota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back