Scouting - CO Bull Elk

ColoradoOverwatch

took the day off to go check the trail cam's where i will be taking the wife for her first elk hunt. this guy stood out ... have quite a few pics of spikes. he is not as big as the two that i have been tracking over the last two years in the area... I missed the big guy at 50 yards last year and the neighbor took him two days later. :(

Attachments

• SUNP0026 (2).jpg
    SUNP0026 (2).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 835
  • SUNP0027 (2).jpg
    SUNP0027 (2).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 837
  • SUNP0030 (2).jpg
    SUNP0030 (2).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 928
  • SUNP0034 (2).jpg
    SUNP0034 (2).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 836
Very nice! Looks nice and green up there too. I need to get up and set a couple cameras to see how the area I want to hunt is looking.

Great shots man! Cool to have a spot you can put a camera in and observe the bulls in the area over the summer.

I can't find anything on the CO site about using game cameras during the season. Anyone have any information on this. I would like to set one up on a wallow while hunting other areas. Is this legal? We're hunting the first week of the season in CO.

I can't find anything on the CO site about using game cameras during the season. Anyone have any information on this. I would like to set one up on a wallow while hunting other areas. Is this legal? We're hunting the first week of the season in CO.

No restriction on cameras here.

Woo Hoo!!!! I can't wait to get to Colorado. We're leaving after work on the 21st, should have a couple a days to get a little more used to the altitude. A week and an half in the mountains is going to be great and a little elk meat would be iceing on the cake. Some of the unit is a bear relo area but hopefully they will be hanging around the ranches looking for what got them booted in the first place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back