Scouting - CO Bull Elk

ColoradoOverwatch

took the day off to go check the trail cam's where i will be taking the wife for her first elk hunt. this guy stood out ... have quite a few pics of spikes. he is not as big as the two that i have been tracking over the last two years in the area... I missed the big guy at 50 yards last year and the neighbor took him two days later. :(

Attachments

• SUNP0026 (2).jpg
    SUNP0026 (2).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 835
  • SUNP0027 (2).jpg
    SUNP0027 (2).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 837
  • SUNP0030 (2).jpg
    SUNP0030 (2).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 928
  • SUNP0034 (2).jpg
    SUNP0034 (2).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 836
Very nice! Looks nice and green up there too. I need to get up and set a couple cameras to see how the area I want to hunt is looking.

Great shots man! Cool to have a spot you can put a camera in and observe the bulls in the area over the summer.

I can't find anything on the CO site about using game cameras during the season. Anyone have any information on this. I would like to set one up on a wallow while hunting other areas. Is this legal? We're hunting the first week of the season in CO.

I can't find anything on the CO site about using game cameras during the season. Anyone have any information on this. I would like to set one up on a wallow while hunting other areas. Is this legal? We're hunting the first week of the season in CO.

No restriction on cameras here.

Woo Hoo!!!! I can't wait to get to Colorado. We're leaving after work on the 21st, should have a couple a days to get a little more used to the altitude. A week and an half in the mountains is going to be great and a little elk meat would be iceing on the cake. Some of the unit is a bear relo area but hopefully they will be hanging around the ranches looking for what got them booted in the first place.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back