Score Guess

I'm just learning but here's a ram from an area in MT, wilderness, easier to draw than most. Not the best I saw but the best I have photos of. Any guesses on age and score?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 362
I like that ram Greenhorn. 15"+ bases, and 39-40" length. He's definitely flirting with if not past 180. I'd shoot him in the unit I apply in.

From these pics I would guess this last ram at 8 maaybe 9. The angle of the light as it hits the horn is a huge factor in determining rings for me. Easy to get a approximate count in most light but discerning the rings as they stack up near the base can be tricky.

Last edited:
Randy,

I saw what looked to be a very nice ram in that area on Christmas day. Unfortunately he backed away from the edge just before I could get his picture.

DSC00463 (2).jpg

A couple of days later, I ran into your ram with some friends.

DSC00473 (2).jpg

He's a fighter, all busted up and limping.

DSC00481 (2).jpg

DSC00482 (2).jpg

He would make a nice unlimited ram. Burn your points on an unlimited ram. I dare you! :D

Randy,

I saw what looked to be a very nice ram in that area on Christmas day. Unfortunately he backed away from the edge just before I could get his picture.

View attachment 45476

A couple of days later, I ran into your ram with some friends.

View attachment 45477

He's a fighter, all busted up and limping.

View attachment 45478

View attachment 45479

He would make a nice unlimited ram. Burn your points on an unlimited ram. I dare you! :D

Awesome pictures, but not the same Ram or unit unfortunately. I'd be happy with the one in your picture as well though.

I'm way too big of a wuss for the unlimited units.

the top ram has great mass at the bases look at the small gap between the horns it also carries the mass all the way out..it has probably broomed off 3-4 inches on each side. the length is not that probably 35" with 16 plus bases .. my guess would be in the high 170's and mid 180' if not broomed off. the two rams with the 10" difference my guess the ram on the right has incredible mass with a tight curl but that is the one I would pick as being larger.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back