PEAX Equipment

Scope for Tikka T3 lite .270 WIN

Already sent :)

Just trying to determine the reticle type I might need. CDS, BDC, Duplex etc.
My choice would be Windplex with a CDS turret.

If you don't want to dial for distance, I go with a regular duplex. But if you really want a drop compensating reticle, I like the Long Range Duplex better than the Boone and Crockett.

I think I am set as to what scope I am going to get.... any input on GOOD rings/bases/mounts that won't break the bank?

Thanks

I strongly recommend looking at the Vortex crossfire ll. It is available in different power ranges and has a ballistic reticle to quickly take shots at distance after zeroing the main cross hairs at 100 or 200yrds.
The price depends on the model but the last one I purchased was a 6x18 and it cost around $230.00.
The three I have all hold their zero ,and they are mounted on a .308, a 30-06 ,and a 7mm mag.
With some practice at the range a guy should be able to make shots out to at least 450yrds. with relitive ease.
Best deal on the market in my opinion.

I do prefer the Leupold rings and bases. Most economy rings just don't hold up to recoil over time.

I've got the Talley lightweight rings on my Tikka in medium. Rock solid mounting system. +1 on dealing with Schmalts and Predator Optics. Great guy to do business with.

I like both Talley and Leupold rings and bases. You cannot go wrong with either of these two. I would recommend lapping your rings before mounting your scope. It's a simple job to do and I feel is worth it.

HT sticky..."no firearm discussion with out gunsmitning seminars"

;)

Last edited:
Talley lightweight is all that I use on hunting rifles any more, they set up and sight in faster and hold as well as the Leupold dual dovetails. I have dragged my Conquest through heavy brush and fired hundreds of rounds of full bore 300 Weatherby without having to think about the mounts for a second.

I've recommended Talley many times and always get a big "thanks those are great" from the guys who used them. Had a buddy come over to sight in a new Howa 270 with a nice Meopta 3.5-10 and instead of Talley he went with Leupold Rifleman mounts. After 10 shots we realized the scope was moving forward and the scope was scratched from the bolt. I asked him to come back when he had the Talley mounts so we only had todo this once.

Back