Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Rumor has it....

I was there and it's a beauty ram. Buzz will have the details and the pics but we're both really proud of dad. We're estimating in the low to mid 180's. We haven't had time to make any real measurements but rough measures show bases of close to 16" and lengths of 39.5 and 41.5. It's a great ram and was a blast to hunt!

Matt

It is a beauty. Thanks for stopping by the house!!! Big congrats, and it was great seeing you guys again.

Buzz and Matt,

You're going to have to get your dad to enter his sheep in the MT FNAWS taxidermy contest during this winters fundraiser (which will be in Missoula first weekend in March). Winner gets $400 towards taxidermy costs. Looking forward to the pics.

I'll have photos later today.

I finally had a chance to put a tape on Dads bighorn and its better than I thought it would be. I looked at that ram for 4 hours one day (3 days before Dad killed it) at 450 yards through a spotting scope. I estimated his bases at 15, length at 38-39 and would score high 170's low 180's, and I was sure he was either 7.5 or 8.5 years old. Turned out its long horn is 40 7/8 bases are 15 7/8 and he was 7.5 years old...scores unoffically 186 4/8 gross and 185 5/8 net. Even after the drying period it should net around 184-185.

Now that's a BIGhorn sheep! Congrats to your dad, can't wait to see the photographs.

Hat's off Buzz. What an experience that must've been for your father...I'd bet even better for you.

Congrats to your dad on the sheep. Looking forward to the pics of it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back