MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Rule #1

AH64DMatt

Hey everyone. As I prepare for my first elk hunt in 3.5 months, I'm looking forward to starting this thread to see what kind of feedback and stories get started.

Hunting always has certain rules and advice that gets passed down from generation to generation. If you could give ONE unique tip, what would it be?

Also, "ditto" is not really acceptable...:)

Elk are where you find them ..... Some azz hat told me that but more often than not that's where they are

It most likely will be hotter or colder than you thought it might. At that point it's mind over matter.....if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!!

It most likely will be hotter or colder than you thought it might. At that point it's mind over matter.....if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!!

For me it's always hotter...which isn't always a bad thing!

The works starts after you pull the trigger. They get bigger once they are laying on their side.

Elk don't usually run through your living room, or through your yard. They don't tend to spend a bunch of time in camp until dead. If it's rainy, snowy, hot, or cold, your chances of seeing one while hunting increases if you get outta the tent.

You can always be in better shape, and it'll benefit you if you are.

#1 Be ready for anything. Things change, conditions change, elk behavior changes, be ready, react quickly.

#2 Cover lots of ground. Cover ground with a pair of binoculars, cover ground with your feet. Go find them. 90% of the elk live in 10% of the country.

Elk are where there are no people. might be close to the road if evryone is hiking in three miles. just do what others are not doing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back