Ripcord or Trophy Taker FC

jlmatthew

If any of you archery hunters wouldnt mind sharing your opinions on Ripcord or Trophy Taker FC arrow rests, I'd sure appreciate it. Gonna try and get the bow set-up after 4 years

I switched to the Rip Cord Code Red and really like the rest. No problems in single digit temps.

Never tried the Ripcord but have heard good things. Have shot only Trophy Takers since switching to a drop away, probably back in '97. Never seen a reason to change.

I shoot the ripcord model before the code red. Still works great and I won't be changing anytime soon. The trophy takers look like a quality rest but give me no urge to switch.

Shoot a rip cord on one of my bows.Wish I would have put one on my other bow also;great rest

What about Whisker Biscuits??? Look like a hell of a way to stalk without worries of dropping the arrow off.....

Used to always hunt a biscuit and liked it a lot. But I never have a problem losing an arrow out of my ripcord and I hunt 90% spot and stalk. I like the dropaway performance myself.

Ripcord all the way just put one on a month ago changed from a biscuit you loose way too much arrow speed with the biscuit and your arrow will not fall off of the ripcord at all that is one reason I bought it. The only other I would put on is a QAD the only reason I didn't buy QAD is I don't see the price justification compared to a ripcord basically the same rest.

I had a similar decision last summer. I went with the QAD over the Ripcord as the QAD rest stays up if you have to let down. Really liked the trophy taker over the years but wanted a full capture after a few trips antelope hunting crawling thru the sage. IMO, full containment, drop aways are the only way to go.

Theres some obvious advantages to a drop away but I still use the biscuit. Only reason is I hunt the back country and its extremely simple and bullet proof. Not much can go wrong with it.

Theres some obvious advantages to a drop away but I still use the biscuit. Only reason is I hunt the back country and its extremely simple and bullet proof. Not much can go wrong with it.

You are more likely to fall or drop your bow and have the rest move that way than having a fall away rest fail.

With all the different full containment rests that are on the market today I would look for a rest with a few key features. First I want the rest to fit tight against the riser on the backside to prevent the rest from getting bumped out of place. Second would be a rest that is easy to get a quick second shot off, most times you will never get it but it's nice to have the option.

I also would avoid the little devises that attach the rope from the drop away to the cables, get it tied to the cable. One less problem waiting to happen.

I have used the Ripcord, Ripcord Code red...and both the Trophey Taker and Trophey Taker smack down...all are great and had no problems with them
To the Whisker biskett boy, you will also have to shoot a vane that can take the brissles on them..will trash vanes if you shoot the wrong ones.
All of these have full containment on them...I like a fallaway, little more accurate and more forgiving!

Here is a tip too
carry some dental floss with you...you can use it as serving in the field..works great...
Always pack allen wrenches..mark your windage and elevation post on both your sight and rest...if they get knocked of or come loose in the field...quick fix...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back