NEW SITKA Ambient 75

RIP Capt. Aaron Blanchard

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Capt. Blanchard fundraiser

Hi guys...my name is Josh and I'm one of the admins on the washington hunting forum that Capt. Blanchard was a big part of. We've had a huge outpouring of donations from some of our site sponsors, local businesses, members, and companies in the hunting world which has literally shocked me. The generosity is mind blowing. We've got some auctions running over what will likely be the next couple weeks. At this point, the auctions are all listed in this thread:
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,124144.0.html
Yesterday we sold 2 elk calls handmade by Jason Phelps for $750.00. Mind blowing!!!
We've got multiple taxidermists donating mounts and gift certificates to be auctioned off, we've got Timbertech donating $1400 worth of decking to sell, Gunfightersinc.com has donated a couple custom Kydex holsters, we got word last night that Brian from Radical Archery Design will be donating brand new bows from Hoyt, Bear Archery and Bowtech. Your leader, BigFin gave me the ok to post this here. Thank you for the support for the Blanchard family.
Dave Workman wrote this article for the Examiner the other day. Really touching. Capt. Blanchard went by Colockumelk on our forum FYI.
http://www.examiner.com/article/colockumelk-is-coming-home?cid=db_articles
This is the last photo Aaron posted on hunt-wa. They were stationed at Fort Drum in NY and were doing HAMET training over Colorado. This is his Apache Longbow.
RIP Capt Aaron R Blanchard
Gone but not forgotten.

Attachments

• IMG954872%5B1%5D.jpg
    IMG954872%5B1%5D.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 409
Damn... that sucks big time. No words to describe the anger and sadness I know many of us feel. Thanks to him for his service and sacrifice.

RIP soldier and Godspeed. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.
My prayers go out to his family and friends.

That is very sad news.
The UK lost 3 troops in a IED explosion 2 days ago.
I will make a donation to 'help for heroes' in the UK in memory of those brave troops and Capt. Aaron Blanchard

My family will pray for yours. Freedom comes with a HEAVY price...Thank you Capt. for all that you and all that have served do for this country....:cool:

Very sorry to hear this. Memorial day has even more of an impact this year. Thank you to him and his family for keeping us safe and free.

Prayers for the family, my utmost appreciation for the sacrifice of all who serve and reverence for those who give the ultimate. Everything must happen for a reason, hopefully someday we realize what that reason is.

Very said news, my thoughts and prayers for his family & friends. Forever missed but never forgotten.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back