Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Burris veracity PH and Trijicon Acupoint opinions

Mako

Looking for a scope for my latest boomstick, Tikka T3x Hunter in 6.5 Swede. I have a Leupold VX5-HD 3-15x44 with fire dot duplex on my other rifle and am very pleased, but was thinking of something different this time around. The Burris really intrigued me with all its features, though it's not exactly light at 29.5 ounces. Also looks like the Burris is only available in 4-20x50. The VX5 is a little over 19. The accupoint is available in 3-9x40, more toward my liking and is actually lighter than the Leupold.

Just trying to get some opinions from those that own these and your likes and dislikes. Would you buy one again?

Qualty Trijcon wins hands down. Internal adjustment goes to the Burris. The trijicon cant even be considered do to a lack of internal adjustment. Pick again

I have a couple Trijicon Accupowers (same as the Accupoints just with battery powered illumination)…one in 3-9x and a 4-16x.

I don’t dial (use Mil reticles for hold overs) but nonetheless, I would say the Trijicon offerings are hard to beat for the money.

Have been very happy with them.

I havent used the burris, my only experience is looking through the older model in the store. It was okay, but should have been better for the price. Also made in the Philippines, for that price I would expect Japan.
I have a trijicon accupoint 2.5-12x42 on order, it will be here next week. That scope would probably be a better comparison to the burris. I can give an update once I have a chance to shoot with it. I spent a lot of time looking at scopes for this purchase, after weeks of reviews and talking with people who know a lot more than me, I had my list down to 2 trijicon scopes. The one I ordered and the Credo HX 2.5-15x42.
If you have any question on the trijicons, call their customer service, I talked with them and they were super helpful.

Just bought the Veracity PH...love it, super clear and cool functions! Paired it with the Burris Signature LRF Binoculars...they are unbelievably clear for a bio/LRF combo. No haze like other combos.

I have the Burris on two rifles now. For pronghorn and mule deer I have one on a Bergara Premiere Canyon in 6.5mm Creedmoor. Both were single shots at 450+ yards. I just mounted one on my Christensen Arms Mesa 300 Win Mag, which I will be using for cow elk hunt this winter. I am VERY please with it.
  • I really like the HUD, makes dialing in range efficient and straight forward.
  • I wish they had more factory ammo in the app for synchronization.
  • They need the ability to provide a nickname for each scope in the app (so you can easily identify which scope is which)
  • I think the magnification is perfect for hunting
Just my 2cp

I am 2 for 3 for my Burris. I was able to fill tags on pronghorn at 455yards and a mule deer at 485yards. I didnt get the chance to full the late season cow elk tag I had.. due to lack of seeing elk... I dont think I would hunt with any other scopes. No math, range it, dial it, shoot it.

I have a couple Trijicon Accupowers (same as the Accupoints just with battery powered illumination)…one in 3-9x and a 4-16x.

I don’t dial (use Mil reticles for hold overs) but nonetheless, I would say the Trijicon offerings are hard to beat for the money.

Have been very happy with them.
Actually, aren't the accupowers the same as the Ten Miles?

Ten Mile has etched reticles, Accupoint has wire IIRC.

That being said, spend another $150 and get a Ten Mile and you are set.

Maybe so. I just knew the big difference was battery illumination versus tritium and fiber optics with the Accupoints.

Regardless, I don’t think you could go wrong with one of the Trijicon offerings.

If I was in the market today, I’d be getting one of their Ten Miles.

Trijicon is top notch quality. I would buy more of their scopes but I'm married now. Moneys not as expendable as when I was 19

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back