Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

release

For hunting I like a wrist release. I feel Scott's are the best, I use the sabortooth. The strap has to have a buckle, Velcro is inconsist and loud if nothing else. I also prefer the nylon neck to a hard post, the nylon is more adjustable and allows for better anchor point tweaking. I also prefer a dual caliber vs the single, I refuse to believe a single caliber doesn't roll the loop to a slight degree. The Scott's trigger is also adjustable. For targets I use Carter's, I prefer thumb releases to back tension but most serious target shooters would not.

I currently have a scott release that is very old,, but it still works good. I have been thinking about getting a second one and have been looking at the scott little goose. my current release has a Velcro strap, but thinking about going to a buckle. I also am interested in some opinions.

Right now I'm using a Winn Free-flite. I'd really like to give a modern, 4-finger thumb release a try. I'd like one I can keep clipped to the bowstring, not attached to me.

I currently have an older Tru-fire with a velcro wrist strap and dual calipers. I have ordered a Tru-tife 4 finger release (single caliper) with the adjustable thumb trigger (for both travel and tension) and can't wait to get it and try it out. I was a little wary of buying it without being able to try it out but under the circumstances, I didn't have a choice. I'll give my opinion on it once it gets here…..if it ever get here.

I just sold my Tru fire hardcore 4 finger. I want to get a wrist release but should I go with scoot or Tru fire?

I prefer my Scott but a carter quickie is another great company and style. Remember, this is a trigger. Just like on firearms they matter. You will likely use it for a number of years so buy a good one. Take your rig to a shop and shoot with a bunch of them. Most shops are dead this time of year so you will have their undivided attention.

Had a Scott 'Shark' forever and bought a 'Sabortooth' this year and love it.
Friend has a Spott Hogg 'Wise guy' and I was really impressed with it - will probably get one this spring and shoot both throughout the summer

Got the Trufire 4 finger release the other day. The first time I used it I loved it until I actually released an arrow with it. I hated the position of the thumb release. Then I figured out that I needed to flip the knob around since I'm a lefy. :mad:
Now I love it again. It feels much easier to pull back and with the trigger set on 4oz and minimal travel, it has closed my groupings up on the first day. Not sure yet if I will keep it set to the lightest pressure possible for long term but for target shooting it works great. I'm glad I got it. :hump:

Universal advise for a release-Never sell your old release,leave it in the truck for a back-up.
-Never take the release off at lunch without putting it in your pocket or buckling it to the bow.
-When stripping down or up with clothes put it in your pocket, do not lay it down!
You can think me later.

I have a pair of Carter 2 shots. One pretty much lives in my pack all fall as a spare, I've made the mistake before of leaving camp without my release and didn't enjoy the trip back to get it.

Just received a new Tru ball Outlaw in the mail today, I like it very well. My release storage advice....my release is only in one of two places, on my wrist or on my bow grip. Your release is always with you and it reduces the chance of someone else picking up your bow & dry firing it. Back up release always in pack in case of primary release malfunction.

finally found my Scott the other day after using my cheap backup for a month shooting the techno hunt. I cant believe how much better the Scott shoots! never noticed it before but its a dream compared to the backup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back