Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Regrets on passing one up?

No regrets on that one. I'm happy you got that buck, glad I saw it alive, and had a good time. Not much to regret there.

I also dont regret finding this buck and letting Doug shoot it about a month after you got that one. Its all good, and its a pretty nice season when you can be involved with the taking of TWO mule deer over 190 gross on public land with general tags.

IMG_0578_1_1.JPG

IMG_0583_4_1_1.JPG

Thanks for sharing guys. I've regretted passing on several elk over the last few years because they were raghorns and I just knew I'd find something over 300 by the end of the season . . . here I sit without a single bull to my name. I have learned a hell of a lot though and am confident my time will come.

I have few regrets in what I have passed up on purpose.

Now if you wanna talk about what I passed on by way of completely blowing it and missing, now that is a entirely different story:)

Your in NM now Spitz, you will be killing a Gila giant soon enough.

Here's one that I don't regret passing up, but shortly afterwards I regretted shooting. It was 1998, Wyoming Red Desert the day before the prronghorn season opener and I found what I felt was a pretty darn good pronghorn. I took some video of him the night before season and shot him right at daylight. Then while driving out of the unit, I came upon a BIG one. I had 2 friends with tags and I couldn't reach them by cell. So I drove around until finding some other hunters. I showed them the video and asked if they wanted to go for it. Duh.

The guy was a local to the area.. who says all non-resident hunters are bad?

Here's one that I don't regret passing up, but shortly afterwards I regretted shooting. It was 1998, Wyoming Red Desert the day before the prronghorn season opener and I found what I felt was a pretty darn good pronghorn. I took some video of him the night before season and shot him right at daylight. Then while driving out of the unit, I came upon a BIG one. I had 2 friends with tags and I couldn't reach them by cell. So I drove around until finding some other hunters. I showed them the video and asked if they wanted to go for it. Duh.

What's your name again?

Wow, that's classic.

..... I showed them the video and asked if they wanted to go for it. Duh.

Ouch!

Good on you Greenie. That guy has no idea what act of great fortune just shined upon him, and he has a look like he ate bad prunes for breakfast.

There's more to the video that is very funny, but as nice as I am, I didn't upload it. :D

Don't know what it scored, but at a minimum an awards book goat, probably 81-82.

wow, that made me sick watching that but damn cool of you to do that!!!! I'm sure that guy felt like he won the lottery, hopefully.

I'm really starting to like you Kurt. The guy has no clue what he even had:eek: Somehow I've got to get on your friend list. Need your lawn mowed?:D That was nice of you. I don't think I'd of shared that info but then again I'd got a lump of coal in my sock at Christmas.

That was cool, what a goat!

I have two that come to mind.............Holding out for a 320+ bull and 5 min after daylight on the opener of archery, called a bull into 10 yards that stood there for 30-40 seconds perfectly broadside........I was guessing him a solid 290 maybe right at 300" bull.......IDIOT! Ended up with no bull on that hunt.

This year, I passed on a solid 300" bull with a rifle at 20 yards, hoping to shoot the bull that was with him.............IDIOT! Ended up not getting a shot at the big daddy.

Passed on a 160 class whitetail in high school because i was within a couple hundred yards of killing an elk..................IDIOT!!! My buddy smoked that bull about 2 min before i could get to him....

...a legal bull my first year, second day in the pumpkin patch...thought he was too small. Plus a nice bull trotting/quartering towards me down a drainage @ 80 yds season before last. Tried to stop him w/ a cow call while "bino'n him to make sure"...dumb move, shoulda looked at him thru the scope. The cow call lit the afterburner.

Passed on a 6x6 dual split eyeguard whitetail twice one fall, inside 50 yards both times. I had jumped what I think was a big muley early in the season (which I never saw again) in the same canyon and was holding out hoping to find the muley again when I found the whitetail. The second time I found the whitetail I started adding numbers in my head and got to about 150. By the time I really figured how big he was he was running off chasing does. Just a dumb move all the way around on my part.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back