Red Stag

I hunted in southern Ohio at high fence ranch. Most folks assume that Ohio is flat, but the southern areas near Kentucky and West Virginia are quite steep. - TR

I'd love a hunt in Romania for fallow deer and red stag but cost factors are too high for a retiree like myself. But fallow deer are widespread at ranches across USA. They're even hunted in Florida!

Grew up in Youngstown. It’s pretty flat, but not as flat as the rest of the state.

You all got snow already?

Congratulations. We all have very different opinions on rough snd steep country for sure....

I hunted in southern Ohio at high fence ranch. Most folks assume that Ohio is flat, but the southern areas near Kentucky and West Virginia are quite steep. - TR
You have some good eating there! I guess the term steep is realitive.
Nice Stag, Hope I have an opportunity to do that some day. Id love to do a fishing/hunting trip to new Zeeland.

Hmmm, KB, same initails as me and both from Bozeman. My GF went with me on a hunting trip to New Zealand in 2014. I hunted the first week, got 5 great animals and even did a half day fishing, then we rented a car and we sent the next week driving on the wrong side of the road and seeing as much as we could of the South Island. Definately a trip of a lifetime!

You have some good eating there! I guess the term steep is realitive.

Hmmm, KB, same initails as me and both from Bozeman. My GF went with me on a hunting trip to New Zealand in 2014. I hunted the first week, got 5 great animals and even did a half day fishing, then we rented a car and we sent the next week driving on the wrong side of the road and seeing as much as we could of the South Island. Definately a trip of a lifetime!
I'm jealous as hell. Some day ill make it happen, even if its only fishing and just seeing the country side, place looks incredible. Plus I need to get to Mt Doom and forge a ring.

I'm jealous as hell. Some day ill make it happen, even if its only fishing and just seeing the country side, place looks incredible. Plus I need to get to Mt Doom and forge a ring.
You should hunt if you make it here. Its a pain to bring a rifle (bow is easy) but no tags, seasons, or limits and heaps of public land.

You should hunt if you make it here. Its a pain to bring a rifle (bow is easy) but no tags, seasons, or limits and heaps of public land.
I actually had no idea there was no tags or season or limits. That many critters running around eh?

I actually had no idea there was no tags or season or limits. That many critters running around eh?
Yes, plenty of animals. They are hunted continuously (from land and air) so you normally have to work to find them but they are there.

How much of a pain to bring a rifle? Wondering if my possession license here would help. Comes automatic with police check. Unfortunately the Conservatives did away with the long gun registry. I'm sure that would have helped.

I am definitely interested. Checking out Argentina too but seems to be more of a canned hunt affair.

How much of a pain to bring a rifle? Wondering if my possession license here would help. Comes automatic with police check. Unfortunately the Conservatives did away with the long gun registry. I'm sure that would have helped.

I am definitely interested. Checking out Argentina too but seems to be more of a canned hunt affair.
As a resident I haven't been through the process but there is paperwork, travel requirements for the case, you need a named 'sponsor' in NZ and a safe place to keep the rifle when not using it.

Unfortunately the NZ government has just kicked off building a gun registry. But of course once there is a government change it will be cancelled too.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back