Recession in July

That’s mostly due to rock bottom service cost due to pandemic contracts and consumption patterns settling back to normal.

2023 services have sky rocketed, a 20-21 well might have cost $5MM to drill, same well in 23’ costs $10MM.

The haynesville + lack of takeaway + warm winter has crushed NG.

Rig counts need to drop.

Add to all that capital in 23 is incredibly expensive.

I’d temper expectations.
For the US I agree with all you said.
But that China reopening is already impacting our oil production with 10 China Super tankers now at US ports filling up and China Is trying to lease more supertankers.
Demand for US oil abroad is going to be enormous. China Reopening is really going to steam ahead in 4th Quarter 2023.

Recession?!!! Holy chit! I have been saving up for this very thing! I better get my plane tickets booked for July to Vegas. I’m going to get a hell of a deal on hookers and blow when this hits!!!
City of Sin
The one city that has prepared for a terrorist attack coming ! Buses waiting at Nevada Test Site to evacuate Las Vegas residents in case of Terrorist attack. Hundreds of buses waiting. Went to Nuc Response Training at the Test site conducted by DOJ back in 2001.

Last edited:
Asking for stock advice on a hunting forum is like going to church to find a hooker.
It doesn’t hurt to give advice, but yes do your research before investing.
As for Church a lot girls were sinners during the week but sat near me every Sunday in church.

Jamie Dimon the only economist I believe about the economy.
Dimon is predicting a recession. He says a recession could occur but wouldn’t be like 2008.

“We are seeing people reduce lending a little bit, cut back a little bit, pull back a little bit. It won't necessarily force a recession, but it is recessionary
Jamie Dimon, chief executive of JPMorgan Chase”

Last edited:
Dimon is predicting a recession. He says a recession could occur but wouldn’t be like 2008.

“We are seeing people reduce lending a little bit, cut back a little bit, pull back a little bit. It won't necessarily force a recession, but it is recessionary
It’s hard to get them to say recession or inflation or invasion ……. But they would say transitory !

Thing about recessions, you don’t know if they’re real until after they’ve been happening for months.
They said it suppose to peak in July.
I added to my position of XLE in early Apr. This weekend Exxon in talks with Pioneer should move the market Monday in Energy.

Dimon is holding his hand close, not going to say anything that would trigger a stampede.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said in January the government could pay its bills only through early June without increasing the debt limit. A congressional standoff in 2011 prompted Standard & Poor's to downgrade the U.S. credit rating for the first time, sending financial markets reeling. That could happen again this summer.

We are in a recession. Oh wait, government redefined the definition months back, so it's all good. Carry on with normal life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back