Rangefinder Recommendations

TOGIE

Looking to stick in the $300 range. We'll see.

The end of this season is forcing a lot of equipment upgrades and replacements. Just seems to be about that time for me. Going on 7 seasons with a lot of stuff that are either wearing out, stopped working, or i've lost patience with their mediocrity.

Sell me on a range finder.

Currently looking at the Leupold RX 1600i, Vortex Diamondback HD 2000, and im perusing Leica and Sig as well. I feel between Leupold, Leica, and Sig buying a similar priced one is gonna be great between all three. Curious about the Vortex though.

Do my research for me damnit!

Looking to stick in the $300 range. We'll see.

The end of this season is forcing a lot of equipment upgrades and replacements. Just seems to be about that time for me. Going on 7 seasons with a lot of stuff that are either wearing out, stopped working, or i've lost patience with their mediocrity.

Sell me on a range finder.

Currently looking at the Leupold RX 1600i, Vortex Diamondback HD 2000, and im perusing Leica and Sig as well. I feel between Leupold, Leica, and Sig buying a similar priced one is gonna be great between all three. Curious about the Vortex though.

Do my research for me damnit!
I just upgraded my sig. Every time it got chilly it got a mind of its own and wouldn’t range properly. Used it on a hunt this fall about 30ish degrees. It would only read 93 yards. The critter was 345 verified by another range finder. I picked a Leica 2400 up.

I’ve never had an issue with my Leupold RF. I have the same one you are looking at. It does the job. Not a whole lot of extras like other companies.

My GF won one of the Vortex DB2000’s on a scratch-off at a Vortex booth. It didn’t get put through the wringer this season or anything, but seems like a quality product. Feels nice in hand, display is very clear and legible. Beats the snot out of the old Bushnell that I’ve been using for a while.

If you want to jump on up to the good good, Crutchfield and EuroOptic have Leica Rangemaster 2400s listed for $400 right now. Looks like they’re on back order at Crutchfield though.

My GF won one of the Vortex DB2000’s on a scratch-off at a Vortex booth. It didn’t get put through the wringer this season or anything, but seems like a quality product. Feels nice in hand, display is very clear and legible. Beats the snot out of the old Bushnell that I’ve been using for a while.

If you want to jump on up to the good good, Crutchfield and EuroOptic have Leica Rangemaster 2400s listed for $400 right now. Looks like they’re on back order at Crutchfield though.
Scheels matched the $400sale price for the Leica just an fyi.

Upgraded to a Leica 2800 a couple years ago and have been impressed. Ability to range animals on flats is biggest advantage over the ~10 year old Leupold 800 it replaced.
That being said for archery I still carry a ~15 year old Nikon due to simplicity and lower magnification.

I have the leica. My brother has the leupold. The ranging stats are similar but Side by side the glass in the Leica is significantly better.

I had really liked my Sig, but a few months ago it started to have issues with incomplete readouts, etc. After some research, it sounds like this is a fairly common issue with their electronic components going south within a few years. And their warranty is not great. I'd look at Leica.

I really like my Leupold VX-Freedom 4-12x40mm Rifle Scope - CDS - Duplex for that price range.

Me and my hunting partner have both been using a SIG BDX for the last couple years and have had relatively no issues at all. Its accurately ranged game and targets up to 600+ yards with the correct dial adjustments (not using the bdx scope) . Not sure what distances you are trying to range, but its definitely a good option.

I have used all of the above. If you want a rangefinder separate from your binos, get a Sig. If you do any long range shooting, find an option with the ballistics calculator, either paired with your scope, kestrel, or stand alone device. If you win the lottery or find yourself with an extra $4k, get the Zeiss RF binos.

I upgraded my old bushnell 2 or 3 years ago with the SIG BDX 2200 and havent had any issues. I have hunted in minus -30 with it and it still functions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back