Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

R. I. P. "bucky"

Wyodeerhunter

Banned
Bucky "buck" mule deer died of complications of a fly/worm this year. He had been in ill health for several weeks. He leaves behind a mother (father unknown) and a girlfriend. He was approx. 2 1/2 years old. Bucky's hobbies were long walks in sagebrush canyons, evading hunters and watching the sun set in the western sky. He was preceded in death by his grandparents along with many cousins. Funeral services were provided by a pack of coyotes.

Here he is when he was really sick:

moreyotehuntn002.jpg

moreyotehuntn001.jpg

Here is how we found him today:

deadbuck.jpg

RIP BUCKY ERNESTO AND INDIAN LARRY MISS YA :(

As we all know, nature doesn't fool around.
Wyodeerhunter, how does a deer like Bucky get the fly/worm? Does it attack the body, the digestive system or the lungs? I was under the impression that higher altitude, colder areas didn't have that much of a problem with pests that could attack deer... I guess I was wrong.
As far as the coyotes were concerned, as soon as Bucky couldn't defend himself, they chowed him down.

Dangerous Dave,
I'm not sure how it got the fly/worm in it. That is what the Wyoming Game and Snake told me it had. I told them what i notice the deer doing and they said it was a fly that gets in the bloodstream and goes to the heart:( . When i saw the buck the first day it was running around in tight circles. It was also staring straight up in the sky. It just kept running in circles all day. The next time I saw the buck it was blind. All the previous mentioned "signs" pointed the Game and Snake to a certain fly. They told me what it was but my memory is short. Maybe buzz, oak or miller could tell us.

EL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back